Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Question:

David's site, to the best of my knowledge, no longer mentions a yellow hammer spring. When I purchased my kit the website format outlined the yellow hammer spring as being rated at 15 lbs. Davids website now only refers to a gold colored "self defense" hammer spring.

Someone else in this thread mentioned that the Gold hammer spring was rated between the yellow and the factory hammer spring. Does anyone have clarification on this? I figure I could go direct to David but someone here may have already done so.

As an aside, David lists a 15 lb yellow hammer spring for the non omega guns...
    I emailed him a few weeks ago asking about springs since I saw that the kits he offered had different springs than they did when I bought them early on. Here's an excerpt from his response that explains the spring colors:

Yes sir, we have been trying to engineer better springs for the P series and we finally have it nailed down. Here is what we have determined:

Yellow Spring - an 18# spring that delivers a DA of 8#'s and is reliable with any primer, even small rifle primers (the hardest).

Gold Spring - 15# and is reliable with all but the hardest of primers, DA is 7.7#'s

Blue Spring - 13# and is reliable with Winchester and Federal primers 100%, results with vary with other primers, DA is 6.5 - 7#'s

Black Spring - 11.5# and is not recommended
    If he's listing a 15# yellow spring elsewhere on his site I'd be curious if it's just a typo or if there's also a 15# yellow spring available.
    Last edited by CC556; 05-21-14 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The "yellow" 15 lb spring is listed under the "springs and pins" section of his website for the non omega weapons.

Thanks for the info CC556.

That information is also fairly as it comes straight from the engineer. I will reiterate, 13lb springs are NOT good to go in carry guns...
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

I have the gold spring. Pretty excited about this since it will be my first departure away from the glock. It feels awkward but I'm eager to adapt.

I wish the trigger guard was not so boxy, the front portion takes up a lot of space and forces me down. It could lend to a better grip for me if it was profiled differently. My DA pull is at 3lbs, 3oz. Whoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Im sorry...what?

You have a 3 lb 3 ounce DA pull with a GOLD spring?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    That should read SA...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I got my P-07 back from CZ today...I had sent it back after I'd bought it NIB for a couple of things.. 1. trigger retaining pin would walk with a little dry fire, and by walking out I mean it would stick out of the left side of the frame by anywhere from a 1/32 to as much as a 1/16 depending on how much you dry fired it. 2. DA trigger was very, very stagey, You could pull the trigger back and the hammer would literally stop about halfway through it's stroke, requiring you to really tug at the trigger before the hammer would drop.
    It appears that CZ's customer service fixed both issues.. I've been dry firing it and the trigger retaining pin seems to be staying put.. The DA trigger pull is much smoother, and no longer stagey.. Invoice says they replaced the trigger retaining pin, and adjusted the trigger bar, and test fired...At my request, they also switched the mag release button over to the right side... All at no cost to me. Total turn around time was almost 4 wks... Anyway, Thanks CZ
    Last edited by ralph; 05-22-14 at 14:44.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    This may come off dumb since I don't crap about gun smithing but why do they always put the take down lever on the left side? Why not make it reversible? I would like this gun a lot more with the lever on the right... I'm guessing there is a reason?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know....
    Last edited by ralph; 05-22-14 at 20:15.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Took my P09 .40 out finally. Ran 500 rounds of various factory ammo including Blazer, WWB, PMC and some hand loads. Not one issue with any of them. Does this thing throw the brass or what! All of the empties ejected more than 10 feet away and slightly to the rear. 500 rounds is by no means an extreme test but enough for me to trust its function. I found the pistol to be very accurate just as others have stated. I shot at 7 and 15 yards and I was pleased with the results. Until I get my lefty holster for it my G22 will remain my everyday carry. To me the P09 is more controllable and more accurate than the G22 especially in rapid fire. It is a keeper.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

CZ P-07

Well this is tolerable but annoying- must get that slide stop lower...

Last edited by sadmin; 05-23-14 at 13:18.

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast