Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Lanbos has the new P07 without the duty designation with several other new features for 451$ plus shipping. GAB has the P07 extended barrel for 432+5.99 shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I don't know much about the CZ line but I do know there are some with and without decockers/safeties/etc.

Is the P07 "standard" with a Decocker only or a combo Decocker/safety or just a safety and you have to manually decock?

The website says decocker but I have read where some people carry cocked and locked which implies it is hammer drop safety and of course I know that at one time the CZ75 had to be manually decocked.

Anyone with insight on what ships "standard" and what a person should ask for when ordering?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I don't know much about the CZ line but I do know there are some with and without decockers/safeties/etc.

Is the P07 "standard" with a Decocker only or a combo Decocker/safety or just a safety and you have to manually decock?

The website says decocker but I have read where some people carry cocked and locked which implies it is hammer drop safety and of course I know that at one time the CZ75 had to be manually decocked.

Anyone with insight on what ships "standard" and what a person should ask for when ordering?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_WMCjEyeyc

The reviewer described the safety at the 2:10 mark in the video. He said it came with two safety "packs". The installed safety is "decocker" only. And it sounds like the optional included safety will convert it to single action/cocked and locked only.

Ignore the rest of the video when the clownish reviewer started to shoot the "hostage" target.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_WMCjEyeyc

The reviewer described the safety at the 2:10 mark in the video. He said it came with two safety "packs". The installed safety is "decocker" only. And it sounds like the optional included safety will convert it to single action/cocked and locked only.

Ignore the rest of the video when the clownish reviewer started to shoot the "hostage" target.
    That is correct regarding simply swapping the parts back and forth for safety/decocker. It takes about 2 minutes and requires no tools. One note: the extended barrel/factory night sight model comes only with the safety. If you want to convert it to the decocker you'll need to buy the parts from CZ for like $30. The "normal" P-07 still ships with the decocker parts installed and the safety parts are included in the box. Why does CZ do what they do? Nobody knows.
    Last edited by CC556; 03-28-14 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If I get this gun, I would prefer to use it as a decocker.

I have small hand and it's easier to use the decocker than trying to manipulate the thumb safety on the CZ, FOR ME. All CZ pistols locate their thumb safety farther forward and higher than the 1911 and Browning Hi Power platforms. While my short thumb can easily activate the 1911/HP safeties, I have to shift the grip on the CZ to operate the safety. Shifting the grip to decock the pistol is fine, but trying to shift the grip while deactivating the thumb safety in single action mode then reacquire proper grip is a no no, especially while drawing.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If I get this gun, I would prefer to use it as a decocker.

I have small hand and it's easier to use the decocker than trying to manipulate the thumb safety on the CZ, FOR ME. All CZ pistols locate their thumb safety farther forward and higher than the 1911 and Browning Hi Power platforms. While my short thumb can easily activate the 1911/HP safeties, I have to shift the grip on the CZ to operate the safety. Shifting the grip to decock the pistol is fine, but trying to shift the grip while deactivating the thumb safety in single action mode then reacquire proper grip is a no no, especially while drawing.
    I also would want a decocker only.

This is the gun that I want Beretta to make with a better positioned decocker.

I am going to try and find one locally if I can, if not I will just order it. It is't like the $1k potential mistake that the HK that I was thinking about getting was going to cost me. I can handle a $450-500, "well that sucks for me" than I can a $1k+ one.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Grant - Will you be switching over to the CZ for normal EDC? What about using it in competition?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Am a very big fan of the P09. Probably the best dollar-for-dollar handgun purchase I've made. Had one of the older P07's, which was a good pistol, but haven't shot one of the updated models.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Grant - Will you be switching over to the CZ for normal EDC? What about using it in competition?
    Not currently. I will however getting a P07 and P09 in to tinker with (internals, polish, etc). So far, I like what I am seeing.

C4

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I've just ordered a PCR for carry as I don't need the rail and prefer the classic appearance and less snag profile. But all the dimensions are nearly identical to the PO7. Has anyone shot both? Differences in feel, function, accuracy?
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast