Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Thank you sir. Considering a P01 Omega. Or... P07.
    I would like to pick up a P01 Omega also. The Omega trigger group is easy to tune up. Mags tend to be cheaper with the P01 since it can use the CZ75B /SP01 mags.

I like the P07/09 series for what they are (budget auto), but I am partial to the classier lines of the P01/ original CZ 75s. Got hooked on the CZs in the early 1990s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes - the P07 grip DOES feel a bit thin to me.

But I like the rugged poly frame, and easy to grip slide. It also takes plus two mag adapters and it looks natural with the 17 rd mag.

I DO like the P01 grip with VZs. I do like cheap mags (that I have plenty of). Not as excited about how alloy frames wear in general. But this is OCD.

Feedback Score
    Yes - the P07 grip DOES feel a bit thin to me.

But I like the rugged poly frame, and easy to grip slide. It also takes plus two mag adapters and it looks natural with the 17 rd mag.

I DO like the P01 grip with VZs. I do like cheap mags (that I have plenty of). Not as excited about how alloy frames wear in general. But this is OCD.

Valid points on the P07. My P07 and P09 have never failed me. I use them as a standardized handgun for my family's weapon systems. The better price makes it easier for me to purchase 5 for each member of my family. Original mag prices were somewhat steep, but with the advent of the P10C and its cheaper mags, it helps in overall cost.

I get you on the wear points on an alloy frame.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an SP2022 and the trigger is tons better OTB. I just wouldn't mind something a tad different. Wonder if JUST shooting and polishing this gun would smooth the DA enough. (Don't want to spend another $200 in parts).

Feedback Score
    I have not bought the CGW parts. I have shot them and know how they feel in DA and SA.

But for me, I just polished up the stock parts and shot them a lot. The DA and SA is noticeably better and smoother than stock.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have an SP2022 and the trigger is tons better OTB. I just wouldn't mind something a tad different. Wonder if JUST shooting and polishing this gun would smooth the DA enough. (Don't want to spend another $200 in parts).
    Sure will. They are far simpler than the 75 series. Polishing, and a couple bucks for a 15 lb. main spring will help a bunch.

Feedback Score
    Ok, so I just acquired P07 and I have some Q's and would love some A's.

1. What is the best option to have CGW do to eliminate the DA pre-travel? Too much slack before you get to the wall on mine.

2. Does anybody make any U-notched rear sights for them?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Ok, so I just acquired P07 and I have some Q's and would love some A's.

1. What is the best option to have CGW do to eliminate the DA pre-travel? Too much slack before you get to the wall on mine.

2. Does anybody make any U-notched rear sights for them?
    Are you remotely handy? If so you can by the kit from cajun yourself. Not sure about Sights GO HERE http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=65.0

Feedback Score
    Hopefully, if the CZ P-10 series takes off, the aftermarket sight situation will improve.

I couldn't care less between square rear notch or U notch.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimakaze View Post
    I have not bought the CGW parts. I have shot them and know how they feel in DA and SA.

But for me, I just polished up the stock parts and shot them a lot. The DA and SA is noticeably better and smoother than stock.
    I tried tons of polishing and a CGW sear, and the trigger still stacks heavily half way through the pull. However, I can hit in DA as well as my SIG SP 2022 and my Walther P99 - and at 15 yards a tad better. So... I might go for MORE CGW parts - like the SR Kit and 18 LB spring. If it doesn't light steel case, it isn't my cup of tea.

I am shocked at how well I did despite the sucky feeling trigger.

In a way, that is the CZ style. The trigger feels bad OTB, but is very shootable.

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast