Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MI Keymod Panel Covers -- Now with photos on MI-SSK & BCM KMR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MI Keymod Panel Covers -- Now with photos on MI-SSK & BCM KMR

MI Keymod Panel Covers
    We are proud to release our very own panel covers for Keymod handguards.
    These covers use mechanical fasteners unlike others on the market which makes them extremely secure.
    These covers when placed on the MI-SSK handguard which has an outside diameter of 1.5” only increases it to 1.760” with the panels installed.
    The kits will come in three packs with one 3 slot cover, one 4 slot cover, and one 5 slot clover.
    There will be two variations, one with the 3 slot flat and another with the 3 slot having a built in hand stop.
    The three panels with all flats weigh in at .8oz and will retail for $19.95 with an introductory price of $18.00
    The three panel kit with the hand stop panel weighs in at .9oz and will retail for $19.95 with and introductory price of $18.00

Mounted on a SSK

Mount on KMR

Thank you,
    PETE
    MI

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why are there screws if it's keymod?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Why are there screws if it's keymod?
    When you attach something to a Keymod rail, you still have to tighten down the actual inserts that go into the Keymod slots once they're in place. If not, it would slip out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    When you attach something to a Keymod rail, you still have to tighten down the actual inserts that go into the Keymod slots once they're in place. If not, it would slip out.
    Noveske, BCM and KAC figured it out...

Feedback Score
    Noveske, BCM and KAC figured it out...
    Did you even read their description? The second sentence answers your question and clearly explains they wanted mechanical fasteners to make the rail sections more secure than the other plastic slip in ones out there.

Feedback Score
    Looks good! I'm digging the drop in handguard version. May go this route with my next build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by USAF VET; 03-26-14 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Did you even read their description? The second sentence answers your question and clearly explains they wanted mechanical fasteners to make the rail sections more secure than the other plastic slip in ones out there.

Seriously?

Yes, I did.

They aren't necessary...

Feedback Score
    Seriously?

Yes, I did.

They aren't necessary...
    Necessary or not, it gives people a different, more secure option for Keymod rail covers. Why is that a bad thing?

I think it's great they are offering something more than what's already out there. Something doesn't need to be absolutely "necessary" for it to be of benefit. I can get by just fine with a standard charging handle, but I like that BCM created a better version.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We chose a mechanical fastener set up so you can take panels on and off with ease. You also have panels that stay tight if you take them on and off a few times. The ones you tap in tend to loosen up if you install and remove them a couple times. These can be installed and removed over and over (no problem). We have had numerous customers request these due to their unpleasant dealings with the tab type units.
    Thanks
    TROY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Options are a good thing.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast