Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MI Keymod Panel Covers -- Now with photos on MI-SSK & BCM KMR

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Right on. I plan to buy some of these shortly. These seem to be the best thing going in the keymod rail cover world.

Feedback Score
    very nice!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Picked up two sets for a 13" KMR Rail + and additional 3hole, probably need one more 5 hole, or maybe even a 4/5 combo for the bottom behind the grip (which means, I should have just ordered 3 sets and not the extra 3h doh , but I like the results so far.

Is it normal to have to install some "upside down" to get them aligned next to each other (ie, like the photo's in the OP)? If I try to install them in the same orientation, It creates a gap. If I flip the middle one upside down, they all butt up against each other nicely. I honestly don't know if it matters but noticed it does put the "lug" in a different position when doing so. Also the logo becomes upside down. None of this bothers me, as long as they will stay put in this configuration...

Last edited by 78Staff; 04-04-15 at 13:59.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Is it normal to have to install some "upside down" to get them aligned next to each other (ie, like the photo's in the OP)? If I try to install them in the same orientation, It creates a gap. If I flip the middle one upside down, they all butt up against each other nicely. I honestly don't know if it matters but noticed it does put the "lug" in a different position when doing so. Also the logo becomes upside down. None of this bothers me, as long as they will stay put in this configuration...
    Normal. Mine are the same way. The 4 slot seemed to be upside down compared to the other ones. Not sure on their thought or design process but it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Normal. Mine are the same way. The 4 slot seemed to be upside down compared to the other ones. Not sure on their thought or design process but it is what it is.
    OK, yeah I figured since MI posted his pics with the same config, it must be fine.

I went ahead and ordered the handstop kit, I think a 5 and 4 combo will fill the 6 o'clock area behind the grip perfectly, plus it gives me a handstop if I ever decide to move in that direction. If it's too long then a 5/3 or 4/3 should work since I have an extra. Very few places had the handstop set in stock, including MI, BCM, etc - but I found some at Midway.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Just an updated pic, added the last set with the handstop - never really used a handstop proper before, always did the thumb-over grip using the VFT as a positional reference, so just put the handstop piece in place where it is for now - figure it would work there for normal gripping at the rear of the rail. May adjust after I shoot it some tomorrow...

---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123