Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for basic training

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    Got a lock on an aviation mechanic
    Good deal. Now strive to be the best aviation mechanic in the Army. Just remember as you move through your career, the more you can get to "special" units or associate with them, the better your service will be. The more "special" a unit is, usually the more responsibility/adult treatment goes along with it, rather than the lowest common denominator environment that much of big Army is.
    SF

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post
    Good deal. Now strive to be the best aviation mechanic in the Army. Just remember as you move through your career, the more you can get to "special" units or associate with them, the better your service will be. The more "special" a unit is, usually the more responsibility/adult treatment goes along with it, rather than the lowest common denominator environment that much of big Army is.
    Bingo.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yote Sniper View Post
    in 1995 when i joined it was called the DPP card... now its the Star Card.... dumbest idea ever... give an 18 year old kid a 2500 credt card....LOL
    Coincidentally, I shipped out to MCRD San Diego Mar of 1995.

Feedback Score
    I agree completely with USMC_Anglico.

The OP's type of query seems to come up on a semi regular basis on M4C. No surprise, I guess. In fact, there are a number of thoughtful and helpful suggestions in this thread, and others, covering similar ground. I occurs to me that a sticky named "Entering the M/A/AF/N/CG?" containing advice and suggestions might be a worthwhile endeavor. Editing would be time consuming given the need to separate the wheat from the chaff. If nothing more, perhaps a list of links that allows the new volunteer to sort through the advice/suggestions, take what he/she finds helpful, and leave the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi57 View Post
    I agree completely with USMC_Anglico.

The OP's type of query seems to come up on a semi regular basis on M4C. No surprise, I guess. In fact, there are a number of thoughtful and helpful suggestions in this thread, and others, covering similar ground. I occurs to me that a sticky named "Entering the M/A/AF/N/CG?" containing advice and suggestions might be a worthwhile endeavor. Editing would be time consuming given the need to separate the wheat from the chaff. If nothing more, perhaps a list of links that allows the new volunteer to sort through the advice/suggestions, take what he/she finds helpful, and leave the rest.
    Good idea. I may try to do that, in my vast amount of free time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Avoid the numerous used car dealerships that are conveniently located right near the base, promising to finance anyone E-1+ at 21% APR on a used car.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    Avoid the numerous used car dealerships that are conveniently located right near the base, promising to finance anyone E-1+ at 21% APR on a used car.
    And that damned STAR card...
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    LOL avoid anyone trying to offer you any "deal"

As far as prepping, PT is cool, you may have a leg up on others if you're doing enough. Start getting used to not having booze, tobacco, caffeine, or whatever it is you're used to having to function and won't have in basic.

When it comes to basic, really just show up. Drills are pretty good at their jobs! With a little common sense, the rest of the answers fall into place.
    Joe
    facebook.com/centexbladeworks
    [url]instagram.com/joewatsonknives

Feedback Score
    Alright guys, shipping out June 10th to Ft.Lenorwood for basic then off to fort sill for AIT, MOS is 13p ... Anyone have a rough guess of where I might get stationed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have fun at lost in woods.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast