Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for basic training

Feedback Score
    Stubby...

Clearly GTF425 and I are corrupted products of our environment. We are bad people. There's some advice you can put in your "money valuables bag" and tie around your junk (they still do that?)...don't be like us.

Don't let them take your soul away, it never comes back.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Let me see If I've still got them somewhere....would you like pics of your soon-to-be 'home away from home'? I was down in the BCT barracks area at FTL last fall (across the street for a Change of Command)...a whole lot of yelling going on
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    Alright guys, shipping out June 10th to Ft.Lenorwood for basic then off to fort sill for AIT, MOS is 13p ... Anyone have a rough guess of where I might get stationed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be prepared to be completely underwhelmed. Last friend I have who went to BCT at Lenorwood said they had individual rooms, 2 man per, no shower drills, no stress, and a full night sleep every night. Said they were doing a different approach, less combat emphasis.

As already mentioned, **** what you can now

Feedback Score
    eternal24k, are you kidding? But seriously, are you kidding? Also, I do not recall "shower drills". That sounds undesirable for a hetero male.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
    eternal24k, are you kidding? But seriously, are you kidding? Also, I do not recall "shower drills". That sounds undesirable for a hetero male.
    Dead serious, I was shocked when he told me. He has no memorable Drill SGT moments, said they had one or two smoke sessions.

Shower drills were pretty gay

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm not surprised, given the "leadership" at the top.

Some of my time in the Cav was harder than my own basic training. I didn't do anywhere near the amount of manual labor in basic that I did as a Cav Trooper. We did more PT in the Cav, too. Just when I thought "do we need all this jogging and calisthenics"? I was assigned to lead remedial PT for the fatties who couldn't pass their PT tests. This occurred at 1700 hours after a full day of work, starting with 0600 PT. That was my reward for getting promoted to Sgt and maxing my PT test.

Sounds like I'm bitching; actually, I enjoyed it.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a problem with hard work, but I was also told the "smart" people get sent to lenordwood, not sure if he was full of it or not because most kids I talk to my age seem to be full of shit. But hey as long as I learn what I need to learn I don't have a problem with it, and yes I'd love to see the Pics of lenordwood! And also, currently boinking any girl with a pulse, thanks for the advise guys! I appreciate it

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't have a problem with hard work, but I was also told the "smart" people get sent to lenordwood, not sure if he was full of it or not because most kids I talk to my age seem to be full of shit. But hey as long as I learn what I need to learn I don't have a problem with it, and yes I'd love to see the Pics of lenordwood! And also, currently boinking any girl with a pulse, thanks for the advise guys! I appreciate it

Leonard Wood. You don't want to be that guy that can't spell the name of the post.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Leonard Wood. You don't want to be that guy that can't spell the name of the post.
    My bad, my iPhone likes to change words for me!

Feedback Score
    My bad, my iPhone likes to change words for me!
    I can relate to that! I use Siri and things often get hilariously mangled.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast