Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: End of E-File Batching?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsdeeds View Post
    I received this yesterday from the ATF.
    April 1, 2014
    We apologize for the
    issues that our customers have been experiencing.
    ....customers...eh?
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Past 2 days I can't even get to the login screen. I've tried every 20 mins almost all day yesterday and so far today. Multiple browsers too. Hopefully they are fixing this but who knows.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1024 View Post
    Past 2 days I can't even get to the login screen. I've tried every 20 mins almost all day yesterday and so far today. Multiple browsers too. Hopefully they are fixing this but who knows.
    April 2nd I was able to do one semi-painlessly (albeit somewhat slowly) in the morning. The 2nd one I started that day couldn't be completed at the time due to their server issues. I was able to finally complete it over the course of the next 24 hours piecemeal as I was repeatedly kicked off. Then I payed, and it took about 12 hours before it would submit. I must have clicked submit and entered my password for the "signature" about 20 times before it finally worked.

On the bright side, my pair of SBRs-to-be are finally in the system for processing.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I got an SBR efiled Wed. Yesterday couldn't get in at all, now today they took the site offline. Now I'm not sure whether I should wait for the site to maybe get fixed or file by mail.

Feedback Score
    Based on the current message they have posted on the site, I would suggest you paper file as soon as you can. It doesn't look like e-file system is coming back up on line anytime soon. This is not a temporarily out of service notice. It is down for the count!
    Here.
    https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

It was good while it lasted in the beginning.

Feedback Score
    well damnit. got 1 of my 2 items filed in time. guess it's paper route for my sbr.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I might give it a week or two. We'll see.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AErcen View Post
    Based on the current message they have posted on the site, I would suggest you paper file as soon as you can. It doesn't look like e-file system is coming back up on line anytime soon. This is not a temporarily out of service notice. It is down for the count!
    Here.
    https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

It was good while it lasted in the beginning.
    Silencer shop is still e-filling. Just placed an order 30 minutes ago, and just received a message that my forms were submitted to the ATF.

Edit: I'll have to email silencer shop. Hopefully the email I got doesn't mean "paper has been submitted".

Now that the deadline will probably be March 2015 for 41p I'm in less of an urgency. But would love to get everything pending before August.
    Last edited by domestique; 04-04-14 at 17:35.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    domestique,
    I just got off the phone with Silencershop also.
    I also got two notifications from them regarding my order(s) just like you did. I think that email you and I got is more of a formality acknowledging that they have our orders.

If this is what you are talking about.

The required transfer paperwork has been submitted to the ATF for the following item(s):
    • Silencerco, LLC Saker762 with serial number SKRXXX-XXXX
    Since you are using Silencer Shop Direct, we will get your Form 4(s) submitted as soon as this initial transfer is approved; and, your items will be held at 'XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX INC.' in XXXXXXX, FL while we're waiting for the final Form 4 approval from the ATF. You will receive additional status messages as this process progresses.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Thanks again for choosing Silencer Shop!
    SilencerShop.com
    (512) 931-4556

Unfortunately, it was me who brought it to Paul's attention while we were on the phone exchanging credit card information that the ATF has taken down e-file system until further notice. There is no way for them to file! They did not know about it. It probably happened while we were on the phone.
    They may have to paperfile. If the ATF efile system is down completely, I can't see how they can file!
    Last edited by AErcen; 04-04-14 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    Wow, sucks for people who paid but couldn't get submit to work. Now they have to request a refund. Glad I was able to squeak mine in because I was in that status for about 24 hours.

Format is screwed up on my phone, but here's their message:

"The*eForms*software is not performing to our expectations.* As a result, we are taking theeForms*system down until further notice.* We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product.* AnyeForm*submitted will continue to be processed.**The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the*eForms*system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any*eForms*in draft status.

·********Tax refund for draft*eForms

o***Direct a request for refund toeForms.Refunds@atf.gov

o***Include the email that was generated for the payment

·********Copy of submitted or finalizedeForm

o***Direct a request toeForms.Request@atf.gov

o***Provide specific information regarding what is being requested

·********Status queries

o***Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550

o***Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550

·********Other*eForms*questions

o***Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast