Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of E-File Batching?

Feedback Score

End of E-File Batching?

Just read this. I don't know how reliable the source is but they are saying the ATF is drafting a cease and desist order for all FFLs that batch. Oh, and they want to scrap the e-File system and start anew.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ork-uploading/

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've had a form 1 in since 25 January. Please please ATF don't just scrap everything and make us start all over.

Feedback Score
    Let's hope that'll be the case.

Mine, that I've asked about in the other thread, is finally in as of this morning. Payment accepted and then it kicked my lgs off. He's trying to get back in now to confirm its 100% in. We have the email confirmation that payment was made. He's done a ton of e filing but you never know with this awful program

Feedback Score
    There's still another step after payment. He has to get back in and hit sign & submit and reenter his password for it to move from Draft to Submitted/In Process. You should get two emails...one for payment and one for submission.

He should know this, just letting you know if you weren't aware.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-28-14 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    That's what he was trying to get done. I didn't explain it clearly.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Please please ATF don't just scrap everything and make us start all over.
    It may be better if they do, so long as they have someone competent build the site.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It may be better if they do, so long as they have someone competent build the site.
    Good luck with that. Government and competent don't generally equate. This is doubly true when they are dealing with something they hate; and yes they hate your ability to access these items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    What I find incredibly ridiculous is reading the comments.

Basically, a batch operation can't be performed if that programming script isn't built into the website. If it is built into the site and the operation is too much for the site's server, then that's the government's (and their contractor's) problem. How can they fault someone for using a function that's built into the site?!? If it isn't built into the site, then you have dealers that have created their own program to sequentially upload "a batch" of their Form 4's, from the previous day, at a time when the website shouldn't be under a considerable load (~0400). If that is too much for the site's server, then guess what? Bingo! Still the government's problem!

Utterly astounding how the gov is seeking a cease and desist when the problem seems to be totally on their end.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I received this yesterday from the ATF.

April 1, 2014

URGENT NOTICE TO: All Registered ATF eForms users

As you are aware for several weeks the eForms application has been experiencing some technical
    problems that have rendered the application difficult or impossible to use. We apologize for the
    issues that our customers have been experiencing. We have been diligently working to resolve
    these issues and have sought the assistance of IT systems experts.

Those experts have advised us of one major problem; that the eForms system is NOT desgned
    to accept batch uploads. We have noted that several of our registered eForms users have
    designed and use a “batch/multiple submission process” that we have determined has been
    contributing to the problems that eForms is experiencing. ATF did NOT grant these users any
    authorization to use this process. eForms was designed to work as a serial application, with each
    user making one submission at a time. The “batch/multiple submission processes” are creating
    a situation where processes are initiated and not completed within the eForms application. This
    is causing “memory allocation errors” within the eForms application. The result is that many
    users are prevented from being able to log-in. Another symptom is that once users log-in, the
    system moves so slowly that it is taking 20 minutes or more to move from one screen to the next.
    Users are also reporting that they are unable to successfully submit an application even if they
    are fortunate enough to make it to the submission page.
    Because the “batch/multiple submission processes” have been identified as a major contributing
    factor to these problems, we are requesting that any registered eForms user who is currently
    using any “batch/multiple submission process” discontinue the use of any such process
    IMMEDIATELY. Any user who continues to use a “batch/multiple submission process” for
    eForms, after the dissemination of this message will have his/her access to the eForms system
    suspended or revoked. Please understand that we are not asserting that the users of the “batch/
    multiple submission process” did anything wrong. Unfortunately, our system was not designed
    to handle batch processes which are causing unexpected problems for our system.
    ATF is currently assessing whether there are other improvements that can address the problems
    identified. One of the issues that we will address in the future will be the creation of a batch
    process that will be available to all eForms users without a detrimental effect on the performance
    of the eForms system. Until that time we request your compliance with the above, and
    appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What did I say. It's not our fault, it's a system thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast