Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: End of E-File Batching?

Feedback Score
    Conversed with a dealer who called ATF earlier when it was online, and the ATF NFA branch folks were surprised to hear it was up. So it appears to have been some kind of inadvertent IT thing. Maybe part of testing, maybe some scripted operation they forgot to turn off, who knows? Weird. The system was more responsive when I signed on today than it had been on April 2nd-3rd when I filled out my form 1s, so I was hopefull but apparently it's not supposed to have been up.
    Last edited by G27RR; 04-09-14 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    They "were surprised the site was up"!! LOL
    It is ironic that the site would work when it is supposed to be down and not work when it is supposed to be up!

As a new member in here, I don't want to build a reputation as a " Debbie Downer" but I don't see this going anywhere anytime soon that would be to our benefit.

I am speculating here, but fearing the outcome of 41P there has been a big rush to get stamps and efiling made it convenient and actually cut down on the wait. As a result more stamps were being issued.
    In my own case, I have lived stamp free all my life, but here I am with applications for 4 cans and 2 SBRs. I would have never done this if I didn't think the end might be near.

I never felt ATF was looking ways to issue more stamps. It certainly is not part of this administration's agenda. It appeared there was a tide of new applications and maybe they did get overwhelmed, maybe the site did get bogged down. My own personal belief is they wanted to make it more difficult to sneak under the wire before CLEO becomes the requirement for all. Trust or no Trust.
    Last edited by AErcen; 04-09-14 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    This ^^^ Ugh, just as I was about to submit for my SBR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Silencershop is reporting that their info from "a pretty good source" says it'll be back up in 2-3 weeks. They're not filing anything by paper for at least that long unless customer specifically requests they do it.

Since I first posted that, I'd better post their "clarification" statement:

Originally Posted By Mark1916:
    I just want to redact and clarify something I posted here earlier. When I stated that we had it on pretty good authority that eForms would be back up in 2-3 weeks, it was a slight mis-comunication on my part. We actually don't know how long eForms is going to be down but we're going to wait 2-3 weeks to see if we have a better idea at that point what our best option is going forward. When communicating with Dave, I got my wires crossed but don't worry, I have been flogged accordingly!
    (Mark evidently is a SS.com employee, judging by his title & signature...and he replied to an email I sent them, giving me the same 2-3 week estimate)
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-10-14 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    I got an email on the 17th from the ATF detailing they they took down eForms. Appears they didn't expect to receive so many applications from users and it overwhelmed the system. This is what the said about getting it back up.

This week, eForms will once again be available initially for the processing of Form 6 and Form 6A. As capacity is enhanced over the next several weeks, eForms will then continue to accept Forms 1, 2, 5, 9, 5300.11 and 10. All users may continue to submit paper forms throughout this process, and ATF will continue to surge and prioritize to ensure that this enhancement process does not impede commerce. Ultimately, our largest volume of requests, Form 3 and Form 4, will return to the new and improved eForms, which we expect to accomplish in the short term.

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456