Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: End of E-File Batching?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AErcen View Post
    domestique,
    I just got off the phone with Silencershop also.
    I also got two notifications from them regarding my order(s) just like you did. I think that email you and I got is more of a formality acknowledging that they have our orders.

If this is what you are talking about.

The required transfer paperwork has been submitted to the ATF for the following item(s):
    • Silencerco, LLC Saker762 with serial number SKRXXX-XXXX
    Since you are using Silencer Shop Direct, we will get your Form 4(s) submitted as soon as this initial transfer is approved; and, your items will be held at 'XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX INC.' in XXXXXXX, FL while we're waiting for the final Form 4 approval from the ATF. You will receive additional status messages as this process progresses.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Thanks again for choosing Silencer Shop!
    SilencerShop.com
    (512) 931-4556

Unfortunately, it was me who brought it to Paul's attention while we were on the phone exchanging credit card information that the ATF has taken down e-file system until further notice. There is no way for them to file! They did not know about it. It probably happened while we were on the phone.
    They may have to paperfile. If the ATF efile system is down completely, I can't see how they can file!
    Damn. Thanks for the heads up.

One bit of good news.... Although purely lawyer speculation.

But my local Class 3 mentioned last week that their lawyer group has told them that since the ATF has to respond to each comment on 41P (over 8,000 of them) It will most likely be until March 2015 until anything goes into effect (hopefully all of the pending forms will be grandfathered in).

Edit: Congrats on the SAKER! If I didn't have a SOCOM762-RC still in jail I would have had to get on the wait list.
    Last edited by domestique; 04-04-14 at 18:07.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    What's 41P?

Feedback Score
    http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulin...xplosives.html

Notices of Proposed Rulemakings – Firearms, Explosives, and Others
    Notice No. 41P – Machine Guns, Destructive Devices and Certain Other Firearms; Background Checks for Responsible Persons of a Corporation, Trust or Other Legal Entity With Respect To Making or Transferring a Firearm (RIN: 1140-AA43). Comments on this proposal are due on or before December 9, 2013. To submit a comment electronically, use the http://www.regulations.gov/home for Notice No. 41P. To submit comments by mail or fax, please see the instructions included within the notice. To view all comments and documents associated with this rulemaking, go to Docket No. 41P.

If you are up to reading all 16 pages, here is the link that will take you to details.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013...2013-21661.pdf
    Last edited by AErcen; 04-04-14 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    What's 41P?

It regards Trust users and the ATF ruling that will require all members of a trust to get finger printed and a CLEO sign off.

I could care less about the CLEO sign off (I live in a pro gun area) but getting everyone on my trust to get finger prints will be a major hassle.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    I thought I too lived in a gun friendly state of FL. But I don't know of any CLEO around here that will sign off on NFA items.
    Consider yourself fortunate and lucky. If 41P becomes the law, you can pretty much stick a fork in SBRs, SBSs, and SUPRESSORS around here.

Feedback Score
    That's right. New of the proposal but not the name.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This doesn't look good...

www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    Interesting.
    They just changed the language on the ATF site.
    Now it says,

"eForms Outage
    Due to maintenance, the eForms system is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience."

Gone is the language
    "The eForms software is not performing to our expectations. As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice."

We can speculate all we want to. We won't know what is going on until they tell us. I don't think it is as transparent or as obvious as some may think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    This doesn't look good...

HMMM... it now says:

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 8.58.25 PM.jpg

Feedback Score
    A possible ray of sunshine.....

The Truth About Guns is reporting that it's possible that the current system is being scrapped and will be rebuilt to be better

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ork-uploading/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast