Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4, sorted out or still problematic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    ETA: There are some rumblings of people encountering issues when the pistol gets to approximately 1k-3k rounds. Has anyone noticed this at all? I see that Glock recommends recoil spring replacement at 5k for the Gen 4s, perhaps this is why the issues start.
    I ran an gen4 G19 RSA out to 7,839 rds before I changed it. I may stick that RSA back in the gun to generate more data since it's now a pool gun.

Quote Originally Posted by heat-ar View Post
    S through W does that mean the first letter on the serial number?
    First letter of the three-alphas, all Austrian guns.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I ran an gen4 G19 RSA out to 7,839 rds before I changed it. I may stick that RSA back in the gun to generate more data since it's now a pool gun.
    Good to know, thanks man.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    We took delivery of 25 Gen4 G17s at the academy I have a second job at (fall of last year). at least 15 of them are at the 600 round mark and in early May 2014, these 15 will hit the 1200 round mark. I have one….they are prefixed VXFxxx. No issues or complaints to me but these are cadets and may not know what is right. The one I have does seem to behave. I did replace the Gen 4 trigger bar with a Gen 3 trigger bar and a Glock minus connector with a trigger average just over 6 lbs. We use whatever ball ammo we could find….usually Speer or Federal. I saw the ammo for the upcoming class….we will be using Speer 115 ball this go around.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 03-30-14 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 gen 4 Glocks. 17, 19 and 20.
    The 19 probably have somewhere between 7-9000 rounds and the 17 between 3-5000.
    The only malfunctions came from a bad production of Geco ammo (seemed to varying amount of powder in them).
    With ammo which is in spec, they have been 100% reliable.
    But have noticed ejection varies between 2 o'clock and approx 5.30.

I have no problems recommending them
    Erik

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's really surprising to hear of issues with the Swiss Geco ammo. I guess everyone producing ammo is letting their quality slip these days. That's a real shame as I've always found European ammo (especially 9mm) to be pretty solid.

Thanks for the feedback, Skoal!

Feedback Score
    In the last 6 weeks I have personally seen 220 new serial G17 Gen 4's and another training team has seen about the same number. All current 042 RSA and 30274 ejectors. 1 locking block pin partially walked out. Not sure why, but it was reset and held since. 3 factory Glock night sights were loose. I peened two of them. Running cheap UMC 115 grain, no issues with feed, firing, extracting or ejecting. Will see just over a total of 2200 Gen4 G17's by the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    In the last 6 weeks I have personally seen 220 new serial G17 Gen 4's and another training team has seen about the same number. All current 042 RSA and 30274 ejectors. 1 locking block pin partially walked out. Not sure why, but it was reset and held since. 3 factory Glock night sights were loose. I peened two of them. Running cheap UMC 115 grain, no issues with feed, firing, extracting or ejecting. Will see just over a total of 2200 Gen4 G17's by the end of the year.
    Are these Austrian guns or US produced? (not that I've heard anything to indicate any difference whatsoever; just curious).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Good to hear!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Surf, thanks very much for the post. I have a pair of GSSF coupons burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm going to buy some pistols next week.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just bought a Gen 3 G17 last week and put a couple hundred rounds through it so far and it ran flawlessly. Great ejection, nice trigger and very accurate. I know you asked about Gen4, but I hope this helps.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast