View Poll Results: What Lubricant has worked best in your experience?

Voters
546. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOPPE'S ELITE GUN OIL

7 1.28%
  • BREAK-FREE CLP

79 14.47%
  • IOSSO ELIMINATOR TRIPLE ACTION OIL

0 0%
  • M-PRO 7 GUN OIL

22 4.03%
  • FIRE CLEAN

129 23.63%
  • SLIP 2000

173 31.68%
  • MILITEC-1

20 3.66%
  • FROGLUBE CLP

96 17.58%
  • RAND CLP

16 2.93%
  • KANO LABS - KROIL

4 0.73%
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubrication in 2014? Too many damn choices.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I think for most shooters FireClean may not show enough improvement over some of the less expensive options to make it worth it. Where FireClean really shines is when shooting suppressed and how easy the clean up is. If you have shot suppressed you know how fast and nasty your bcg gets in just a couple hundred rounds, and instead of taking hours to clean every thing up, a wipe down with a rag is usually all it takes with FireClean.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-26-14 at 21:52.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    The funny thing is that regular SLIP2000 (not the EWL) is supposed to be totally nontoxic too. Anyway...

I've used SLIP2000 and EWL, Froglube paste and liquid, and lately Weaponshield oil. I originally thought Weaponshield oil was going to be "the one" for me, but I've found it's not as good as Froglube for dealing with carbon and making easy clean-up. It is a really good oil though, does not evaporate/disappear like SLIP always did in storage, and I assume (but don't yet know for sure) that it doesn't turn into sticky goop in long term storage like Froglube eventually does. For now, I'm using Froglube on AR15 style rifles that get shot regularly, but using Weaponshield on firearms that are mostly stored or intended to be used in sub-freezing weather. Froglube is fine in storage for a couple of months, but after 6+ you may want to remove and apply fresh. (It's not that I don't do any shooting for long periods of time, it's that the AR collection is big enough that any particular AR might not be used in a length of time.)

For me, SLIP2k worked fine if freshly applied before each and every range session or match, but it seemed to disappear quickly in storage - within a few weeks, sometimes. I'm not sure how much of that is evaporation and how much is a puddle sitting in the buffer tube.

Chances are I'll be on to another miracle lube in 12-18 months. Wonder if I'll get to use Fireclean before the next miracle replacement arrives for all us sheepsumers to go out and buy.
    I didn't know that about EWL. I only swapped because I ran out of other cleaner and that lube and kinda wanted 1 chemical around and what with the kids being around too. I was using Hoppes 9 as a cleaner and then EWL for the lube. Like I said before I only swapped to make life a little cleaner and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    markm and one or two others like it. Pretty much everyone else says it gums up...
    I am really interested to try this in the winter to see if it gums up or not at low temps. Markm and I both believe that the gum ups might just be due to user error, but who knows. So far my collection isn't big enough that I am still able to clean everything at least once every 5 to 6 weeks or so. So I don't think I will see any of the huge problems with storage.
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't see how so many people won't pay the price for FC. Its like $15. Sure its more than others, but only by a couple bucks. Plus, from what I've seen, FC lasts longer.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    I didn't know that about EWL. I only swapped because I ran out of other cleaner and that lube and kinda wanted 1 chemical around and what with the kids being around too. I was using Hoppes 9 as a cleaner and then EWL for the lube. Like I said before I only swapped to make life a little cleaner and easier.

I am really interested to try this in the winter to see if it gums up or not at low temps. Markm and I both believe that the gum ups might just be due to user error, but who knows. So far my collection isn't big enough that I am still able to clean everything at least once every 5 to 6 weeks or so. So I don't think I will see any of the huge problems with storage.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...light=froglube
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't see how so many people won't pay the price for FC. Its like $15. Sure its more than others, but only by a couple bucks. Plus, from what I've seen, FC lasts longer.
    I agree, a little goes a long way and it does last much longer.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just read all the pages. Nice! One thing I don`t inderstand is wasn't one of frog lubes selling points was that when not in use it collects and sits. I think Chris made a point of mentioning that on one of the the larue videos he made? Yet people get kind of upset about it. If you fire the first round and its back to slick where is the real issue?? Sorry sent from phone. Typos
    Last edited by St.Michael; 08-26-14 at 23:53.
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    It's not a few bucks more, if it was, we'd buy it.

It's half as much again, for *half* the amount

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    Just read all the pages. Nice! One thing I don`t inderstand is wasn't one of frog lubes selling points was that when not in use it collects and sits. I think Chris made a point of mentioning that on one of the the larue videos he made? Yet people get kind of upset about it. If you fire the first round and its back to slick where is the real issue?? Sorry sent from phone. Typos
    So, unless the gun is as cold as the outside temp, it's unlikely to gum up with FL, even then, it's if it's too thickly applied, well, left on (you're supposed to wipe it "all" off after application)
    However, you do have the option of Seal1, which is made by someone who made the original FL. It's basically the same as FL but it doesn't gum up like FL does.

I'm currently using FL as the barrier protection all over the gun and use Seal1 on anything action related.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Lubrication in 2014? Too many damn choices.

Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Remoil actually works fine. It just evaporates quickly and is runny.

I trained with a Tigerswan instructor who used nothing but Remoil because it was cheap and available at Wal-Mart. Never a lube problem.

ARs and 1911s need lube. Preferably any kind oil. I like lube that wil wash out of my clothes since my guns are usually in contact with my clothes.
    Remoil does work, sort of. For an AR lube really just needs to be there and not slow things down. Remoil doesn't stay there very long so it doesn't work very long, short enough to say it doesn't work at all.

As for the lube endorsements.... We will see as many different lubes endorsed as there are people that are view as worth being promoters of products. I'll just avoid all that crap and use the same stuff that has actually been made with more thought into the product rather than which trainer should advertise it and what color the label will be.
    Last edited by orionz06; 08-28-14 at 08:31. Reason: w

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I won't buy it because I've got tons of frog juice and I'm completely happy with it. I'd love to try it, but it'd end up being a separate experiment.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast