Hi - my name is john, and I live in Illinois:(

Living in this hell-hole called Illinois, and being in my 7th decade - I'm a bit of a latecomer to the CCW game. OTOH - having taught martial arts & defensive tactics for 20 years, I do have a leg up on the whole concept of awareness, situational dominance, etc., etc. Also - having been through various classes at places light Gunsite, BW, Midwest Tactical, Spartan Tactical, etc. - I have an above average ability with both a handgun and a carbine.

My question..... Can someone give me some links to websites that might discuss TTPs for 'couples' out in public - where one is carrying (that would be me) and one is not (my wife)? If it matters - my wife is one of the highest dan-ranked women in our state in the style we used to teach, so her situational awareness and h2h combat skills are noteworthy. However, she is also no spring chicken either:) I'm looking for things like....

1) shooter & non-shooter take position behind cover (or concealment if that is all there is)

2) shooter controls the area immediately in front of their position, while non-shooter checks their 6 while phoning 911 on cell.

3) (in our case) non-shooter will take CRKT M16 folder from my rear pocket as backup. (Yes - she is trained in and has taught bladework)

etc., etc., etc.

Any and all suuggestions greatly appreciated. - john