Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Drop in adjustable gas system

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been running Rubber City Armory's adjustable gas key for a few months now, and I'd rate it very successful. I have one mid-length that would not smooth out: tried different action springs, buffers from carbine to H3, different ammo, no luck. Put the RCA AGK on, tuned it per instructions on my favorite handload (M193 equivalent), and voila! Settled right down. The only subsequent adjustment was for low-powered ammo (Herter's/Tula), which would not lock back on the last round; 1/4 turn more gas, and bingo! That gun has probably 500 rounds down the pipe since install, and nothing has changed or come loose. I know it's not a mil-grade evaluation for durability, but it's a data point for any of you considering adjustable gas retro-fit. HTH

https://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scr...p?idproduct=33

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    E-man,
    Did you get around to running this part? Sorry if you posted your results already and I missed it.
    No I ended up sending out all of the keys I had purchased as free samples for M4C members to try and report back...
    E-man
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any more info from extra rounds? WormyDog, any worsening of that FireClean coming from under the FSB? I just installed one for a customer so I'm interested in any news. Thanks y'all!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sorry to bump this thread...

Just thinking about another solution. If the thought process is that choking the gas flow at the gas block is better, why not sell a gas tube with a smaller diameter hole? The end user would then drill the hole bigger and bigger until you got what you wanted. You can keep your pinned FSB and BCG as-is.

Anywho, I might get a Rubber City to try since it is the cheaper of the options vice ADIGS or Gemtech BCG or E-Carrier. If anyone knows where you can get gas tubes without holes drilled, that would be cool also.

Feedback Score
    I bought several of these to try also. First one was for a 16" BA Hanson midlength gas, but they did a great job on factory sizing, it was only .068" hole size and super light on recoil already so I skipped this build. I installed on a budget $95 Low Mass BCG and ran it in my 12.5" Compass Lake that has a Form 1 Reflex suppressor. Great improvement on blowback, the most pleasant suppressed SBR I have every shot. The set screw at only 1/8-1/4 of a turn from completely closed allows it to cycle suppressed but not lock back on an empty mag. Between 1/4-1/2 of a turn it functions completely. I opened it a little more than this. Other Key went in a 11.5" DD LW.

Video of adjusted and unadjusted. Doesn't really show much but it is quieter at the shooter's ear.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789