Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster ACR... any love for these on here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bushmaster ACR... any love for these on here?

Hello -

I've stalked these forums for a few years now, but am not a huge forum poster.... until you give me a lazy Saturday with a six pack of Stone and no wife for the day.

I have always been interested in the ACR (eerrrr.... Masada) since I saw the hyped up Future Weapons episode about it. I know there's not a lot of love for piston AR15s on these forums, but I wanted to get some opinions on the ACR. Sure it's AR15 based... loosely, but it's not really an AR15. How many people have experience and like these? I feel like you're getting a pretty good rifle package for your buck compared to say an LWRC or POF AR15. Of course the prices I'm thinking of are what I've seen locally and usually lightly used.

I have finally started saving a little bit and am thinking of ditching one of my uppers to buy an ACR. Any opinions or light shed on the subject would be rad!

-Gregg

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    No love at all here for those. I had one, and it ran great. It was just different enough than an AR to catch my attention.
    I ended up selling it after reading about others having issues with them.

If they made other barrels, like they said they where going to it would have been better. 556 to 300blk in a few minutes would have been awesome.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I kind of figured that there wasn't much love on here for these guys. I know you sold yours, but was it at least fun to shoot? Was it easy to adjust to the higher rail height?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I don't remember the rail height being any taller? If it is, like on my MR556 you can get micro BUIS and lower mounts for Aimpoints and such to keep the same cheek weld.

It was fun to shoot, adjustable gas block was nice. I think there are better options for the money, still over 2k around here. The Scar has a much bigger following and isn't that much more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll also look into the Scar. They're a bit pricier here.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The acr has the most potential of any platform IMO. Unfortunately there has been little to no factory or aftermarket support. If Remington would release their upgrades to the commercial version I think it would become even more popular than the scar. But remington won't.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Viper - Do you have an ACR? I know that mods are extremely limited for the ACR, but are a huge variety of modifications really necessary for a rifle that was engineered to essentially perfect the AR15?

I feel like there's way too much crap for sale out there for people to bolt, screw or glue to their AR15. Not dismissing your argument, just proposing the question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoLMT View Post
    Viper - Do you have an ACR? I know that mods are extremely limited for the ACR, but are a huge variety of modifications really necessary for a rifle that was engineered to essentially perfect the AR15?

I feel like there's way too much crap for sale out there for people to bolt, screw or glue to their AR15. Not dismissing your argument, just proposing the question.
    Your description of stuff that "bolt, screw or glues to their AR15" is the strength of the platform. Millions goes into R&D on the AR15 per year so as a system it evolves at an accelerated rate.

Future Weapons aired the ACR/MASADA episode on December 20, 2007. Had it dropped on the day the episode showed the ACR would have been HUGE.

Fast forward to 2014 and 99% of everything touted about the ACR in 2007 is an option for the AR15 in 2014

The appearance of barrels, and rail options with a price reduction would do wonders for the ACR as well.
    Last edited by SpecWired; 04-06-14 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoLMT View Post

I did for about a year, and I never had any problems functions wise. It was a very smooth shooter, and fairly accurate, but I ended up selling it because of the lack of barrels and conversion kits, and it was heavier than I preferred. I know most prefer the SCAR, I believe a lot of it is due to the Bushmaster branding. I also owned a SCAR at the same time and for some reason I would grab the ACR over the SCAR, honestly I was underwhelmed with the SCAR, at least in the 5.56. For me the ergo's and position of the controls were superior, and the ACR stock is 100x better than the Ugg boot stock of the SCAR. But in the end I sold both, and picked up a SR-15 and never looked back.

Now if Remington would allow Bushmaster to integrate the new upgrades on their version I would take a second look at the ACR.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First off it is not AR15 based so the gas piston hate doesn't matter with this one. It is AR180/G36 based and this type of gas piston belongs there.

When it was going to be a Magpul made product I wanted one bad, but bushmaster really turned me off to it especially after I read real reviews and saw some videos of early production guns with some interesting malfunctions.

Once in a while I still think about just getting one to mess around with.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast