Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster ACR... any love for these on here?

Feedback Score
    I think of getting one, knowing that I will have to replace or modify much on the rifle for me to be happy.

On the short list is replace the barrel with a lightened barrel with 1/7 twist.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I think of getting one, knowing that I will have to replace or modify much on the rifle for me to be happy.

On the short list is replace the barrel with a lightened barrel with 1/7 twist.
    There are some very nice advancements in the ACR design, you just can't get them.

I'm holding out for the appearance of this ACR, but even then I'd be hard pressed to say it's worth the cost over what I already have.

Last edited by SpecWired; 04-06-14 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    If your minds made up on an ACR spend some time on ACRforum. There was a few guys over there with some modified ACRs that were pretty cool. When I sold mine there was a big thread on a replacement rail they were designing. Not sure how it ended up, never went back after mine was gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still have mine, just needs interchangeable grip and weight reduction, its porky compared to the AR

Feedback Score
    The replacement rail is out, it's similar to the Remington handguard in design.

If a 1/7 twist barrel is a must Marvin Pitts does the conversion. I tested a SBR Acr barrel for him and it looked as good as my factory barrel.

I have an early production model and had very good luck with it. It seems like the QC was hit or miss with the early ones, as they moved facilities the QC improved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Looks like a SCAR (ducks under cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like mine. I paid $1662 shipped for mine about 4 years ago. I don't get to shoot it as often as I would like.

I forgot how funny that video is.
    Last edited by BUBBAGUNS; 04-07-14 at 00:46.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The only good thing about the ACR is the stock. Front heavy as a shovel full of dirt, 1:9 twist barrel that was made to shit standards, and the right side of the selector couldn't be in a worse place. Top it off with an easy to remove barrel that is pointless to remove (where is the support for other barrels?), not to mention that you lose POI upon R/R-ing the barrel anyway.

Good idea, just poorly executed.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yep and the Remington version rectified all of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    The only good thing about the ACR is the stock. Front heavy as a shovel full of dirt, 1:9 twist barrel that was made to shit standards, and the right side of the selector couldn't be in a worse place. Top it off with an easy to remove barrel that is pointless to remove (where is the support for other barrels?), not to mention that you lose POI upon R/R-ing the barrel anyway.

Good idea, just poorly executed.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Eh. Gas system is still nothing special, and IMO not really better than the AR. Folding stock is the only real advantage.

Would rather have SIG 553 or something like the KAC SLICK with a SIG based bolt carrier group.

Even with FN there's still issues. Short handguard for fullsize guns. No heavy barrels available. Weak stock latches. Retarded sling attachment points. Non ambi bolt release/catch. Closed ring front sight. Reciprocating charging handle. Weak charging handle knob. No PDW variants. No factory SBR barrels. And sometimes breaks optics? (Unless that was fixed, and I also think only the H did that.)

ACR looks retarded. Bolt catch in weird place. Made by BM/Rem. No Remington upgrades. Charging handle still in weird place. No lightweight barrel options. No 1/7 barrel options. No .300blk barrel available. No factory SBR barrels, or PDW variants.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not insanely impressed by either gun. But I do like the SCAR.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast