Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range time, LEM experience, and the move to the M&P

Feedback Score

Range time, LEM experience, and the move to the M&P

Spent some quality range time this morning with my cousin and brother. We had with us a Glock 29, Glock 19, Glock 17, M&P 9mm full size, RIA 1911, and a HK 45c with light LEM. I'm a Glock shooter so I have a ton of rounds behind them although it was my first time shooting the 10mm which was fun. I was most excited about getting to try out the LEM trigger for the first time and was disappointed. Being used to the Glock trigger the LEM just has way to long of a first stage and a very subdued reset. I struggled with it at first but after putting a some rounds downrange I warmed up to it but decided it just isn't for me. I was thinking about buying one but luckily got a chance to shoot it and save myself the heartache. I sold my Glock when I was laid off of work and needed the money unfortunately so I've been without a side arm for a while now. Got everything squared away now and I'm getting ready to buy a pistol and decided to go with the M&P platform now. I love the ergonomics of it, and have warmed up to the stock trigger although I'd be rocking the apex trigger for sure. I seem to shoot the M&P just as well despite the inferior stock trigger, but the ergonomics make up for it with me. With my low confidence in the new Glocks with all the issues there having I've decided its a good time to move onto the M&P platform.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Until you read about Texas DPS dumping the M&P 9MM due to FT feed / eject, and mag problems...

(Sorry to rain on your parade)...

Feedback Score
    Most gun manufacturers seem to have issues besides HK it seems.. I'm liking the M&P enough to buy one of the new M&Ps as it seems there biggest issue was the barrels but ill probably be switching the barrel out to a aftermarket one anyhow.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    With my low confidence in the new Glocks with all the issues there having I've decided its a good time to move onto the M&P platform.

What issues with the new Glocks are you speaking about? No issues with any of mine.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Until you read about Texas DPS dumping the M&P 9MM due to FT feed / eject, and mag problems...

(Sorry to rain on your parade)...
    Link? Thanks

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Range time, LEM experience, and the move to the M&P

Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Most gun manufacturers seem to have issues besides HK it seems.. I'm liking the M&P enough to buy one of the new M&Ps as it seems there biggest issue was the barrels but ill probably be switching the barrel out to a aftermarket one anyhow.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatalk
    Cool man, rock what you shoot best and are most comfortable with. HK handguns have their fair share of issues as well. It's important to run any gun you plan on carrying through it's paces before you go live with it, regardless of brand.

I thought I was a fan of the LEM as well, but it's just that I was used to shooting regular HK triggers. The LEM is still a bad trigger but it feels like a godsend compared to the abortion that comes on the standard V1/V3 models. Opinions and all that.
    Last edited by Rekkr870; 04-06-14 at 16:43.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The M&P is the best designed modern combat autoloader around, IMO. Unfortunately, they seem to be a crap-shoot in the accuracy and QC department. Still, I have had much better luck with them than any Glock other than older G17s. If you want zero-headache/bombproof reliability and QC HK is probably the only game in town (with Walther, possibly) but they suffer from ergonomic weirdness in the trigger and slide-release department.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spr1 View Post
    Link? Thanks
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...m-p-model.html

Read the last few posts. No official word yet. This has been circulating for the past couple of days and the SW and Sig forums.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...m-p-model.html

Read the last few posts. No official word yet. This has been circulating for the past couple of days and the SW and Sig forums.
    Yup, comes from knowledgable members on both forum and is as official as you can get without actual correspondence / press release.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If you want zero-headache/bombproof reliability and QC HK is probably the only game in town (with Walther, possibly) but they suffer from ergonomic weirdness in the trigger and slide-release department.
    Every time I think I should give a G19 another chance, I come back to this thought, especially because I love LEM and the slide releases have never been an issue.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast