Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those who have used a P30s (sa/da) and HK45 (sa/da)

Feedback Score
    I had a standard DA/SA with decock. A good gun but with a mediocre trigger. Not that it was unfit for use but my Beretta 92G with "D" spring was superior in that regard. The HK had a long heavy pull that was gritty at first but smoothed up to just long and heavy. Reset was long too. The bright spot was the SA pull was light after the long take up.

Feedback Score
    I have a regular P30 V3 - DA/SA. The trigger has a long take up and long reset. Its not awful. It could be better. It was about on par w the HK45.

I also felt I shot it better after the first 500rds & even better after a few weeks of dry fire practice combined w live fire at a 6/1 ratio.

Don't give up on it. Its a gun that just plain runs - even if it needs to be tweaked a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I bought my HK P30S (DA/SA) 9mm a few years back---from what i'd read, you would think the triggers were terrible, awful, virtually unusable---my pistol had a very smooth DA from day one (it only got better) and the SA was great after a bit of take-up---it ain't a 1911 and it never will be---but really it's quite good and usable. I admit I have quite a bit of experience shooting and deal with many different pistol trigger systems and DA and SA revolvers...

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    thanks for all the input guys. I am still trying to locate a p30S to just try and see. Closest one I can find is over 2 hours away. Pretty positive that's not worth it from the sounds. We'll see though. Should have a short slide lever on the way so I'll get to check that out as I am currently hitting the slide release on mine.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    My understanding of the P30 vs HK45c trigger system.

P30 da/as has a better DA pull but a worse and longer reset SA pull than the HK45c

In LEM it follows the SA pull. HK45 is shorter. So you still migh want to try that HK45c LEM !

Feedback Score
    I have never understood the trigger issues with the HK's. I have two P30s, one in 9mm and one in 40, and an HK45c and a HK45. All of them with da/sa. Yes, the triggers could be significantly improved, and hopefully one day HK will do that. But I remember the early days of Sigs (I had the 226 and 220) and a lot of people could never get use to the da/sa triggers. Even if I factor into the equation the "false" reset, I still find that if you put enough rounds through them, you can get very effective with all of them. I also remember the days when people said Glocks had the worse triggers on any gun. Since I carry mine in condition one, I find the single action mode is fine. But, I also like the option of double action carry, with or without the safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12