Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCM SBR with SF brake or comp?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    Garin from Surefire told me that it would take 10's of thousands of rounds to see any deterioration. But I have yet to be told or read that blast baffle erosion will take away significant db reduction.

Do you have anymore insight Grant?
    Yes, you generally start to see erosion with SBR's and FH's around the 10K mark (from what I have seen).

C4

Feedback Score
    I should also add that Garin told me the main issue was heat from a lot of mag dumps and a lot of full auto.

Thanks Grant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    I should also add that Garin told me the main issue was heat from a lot of mag dumps and a lot of full auto.

Thanks Grant.
    Minor detail, lol.

Feedback Score
    I have an 11.5 with the surefire brake. I chose the brake to reduce wear on my socom mini. I was actually expecting the sound and blast to be far worse than it actually is with the brake. I've fired it at an indoor range, and it honestly wasn't too bad. I've never stood next to it, so I'm strictly speaking of it from the shooter's pov.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I went the AAC route, but I have about 15,000 rounds through my suppressed 10.3" SBR with an AAC brake and the brake looks completely obliterated. I'll probably have to swap it out soon before it becomes a hazard.

For me, I'm really glad I went the brake over FH route as I have no idea what the first baffle would look like had I chose otherwise.

On the other hand, I have a 12.5" that shows virtually no wear on its suppressor with an AAC Blackout FH. Those 2" make a big difference.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Rather save the can and chew up a muzzle device then the other way around.
    I'm going the MB route as well. Easy (and cheap) to change out and it will save me a bit of pain down the road on my can. I don't find the MB too obnoxious and outdoors it is no biggie.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    You can always go with the SF 556 MG. The back end is built up to protect against any erosion. Downside is more weight and expensive (unless you happen to pick one up on clearance for same price as a regular like I did) and it's also a hair longer. I checked with Garin who confirmed they build up the back end to take full auto fire and the whole brake/FH isn't an issue.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have an 11.5" with a socom flash hider, running my socom 762rc until I get my saker 556 stamp. There are benefits both ways

As far as the surefire goes

Brake + / -
    + sacrificial baffle protecting can over extended use
    - loud as $&@# without can
    - tends to carbon lock the can on if you don't take it off fairly often (200 rounds locked mine down and it was a pita to get back off)

Flash Hider + / -
    + not as painfully loud when not running can
    + not as prone to carbon since FH forks flex under blast constantly keeping it from getting stuck on
    - makes annoying ass tuning fork tone when not using can
    - "technically" harder on the first blast baffle of the suppressor after thousands of rounds

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Brake on mine.

Also have a Syrac gas block, so it's tuned down to shoot suppressed. That and a Vltor A5 buffer. Pretty smooth shooting.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a 11.5" BCM with a Surefire FH and I'm curious if anyone has run the same setup with a FH and a MB. Purely from a performance standpoint iunsuppressed are you noticing much differance? The 11.5" is noticeably jumpier than my 14.5" with a Battlecomp and my 16" with a BCM comp. My splits are around .17 at 25 yards and getting 2 A zone hits with the comped guns and an A & C zone hits with the 11.5" at the same split time. I'm wondering if the comp will tame down the "dot bounce" between shots on the 11.5" with out being super obnoxious unsuppressed. I'll have my SOCOM 5.56 in a few months and will run it about 1/2 the time....I guess I'm wondering just how much louder the comp is over the FH on an SBR....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast