Thread: Great new shooting range in San Antonio

Feedback Score

Great new shooting range in San Antonio

After three visits, I'm extremely impressed with the new LoneStar Handguns Shooting Range on the East side of town.

The owner and all employees (that I could see) are veterans, including several Wounded Warriors sporting state of the art prosthetics, and everyone there is friendly, professional, and just outright good people.

The facility currently includes a 25 yard pistol range and a 300 yard rifle range.

All targets are steel, and there is a good number and variety of shapes, sizes, and reactive feedback. The range is an outdoor facility, but covered so the shooter is protected from the elements.

Pistol range is standing only, and rifle is seated only shooting. There are about 25 pistol and 25 rifle shooting spots. You can shoot shotguns on the pistol range (no slugs).

The range opened during the 2013 holiday season, and is still growing. From what I was told, there are plans in the future to add some type of shotgun range (skeet/sporting clays/?).

There is a closed range for use during training and concealed carry classes. There were some LEO's training there during my recent visit.

The pro shop has a mixed bag of goods, and they had some rifles and handguns for rent. Didn't check prices.

Cost me $11 to shoot for the day, and I spent a couple hours there. This was my first time on the rifle range and the first time since 2001 that I've shot my old Winchester 70 (7MM rem mag) over 100 yards. It was nice to hear the steel clang on the 8" plate at 300 yards!

All in all, a gorgeous Spring day on a sweet new firing range in South Texas, made better by the scent of blooming wildflowers and spent gunpowder.

https://www.lonestarhandgun.com/indoor-shooting-range

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good to hear of growth in that area. I spent a few years stationed down there and the ranges were decent, just not a lot of good ones that I enjoyed going to.
    www.highcountrydefense.com
    Out of a hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there and 80 are just targets. Nine are the real fighters, and we are thankful for them because they make the battle. But the one, the one is a warrior and he brings the others back-Heraclites