Thread: Ultra-thin kydex holsters?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ultra-thin kydex holsters?

I saw a link here awhile back to a maker that uses ultra-thin kydex in some of his models for extreme low-profile carry. Anyone have a clue as to who it might have been? The website was kind of a mess, but I thought I might be able to call the guy and work out what I want/need.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FIST holsters

Think they may have gone out of business.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Much thinner than Bladetech & Co.:
    http://ravenconcealment.com/products/holsters.html
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Definitely wasn't Raven, and it wasn't FIST either unless they went under in the last month or so.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It may have been this, it was also posted on lightfighter. Great holster, I bought one for my M&P .45 and have been using it for about the past 2 months. It is one piece folded.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    It may have been this, it was also posted on lightfighter. Great holster, I bought one for my M&P .45 and have been using it for about the past 2 months. It is one piece folded.
    Are you missing a link or something?

ToddG Guest
    Not busting on you, Rob, but what significant concealment benefit do you see getting from, say, 0.060" kydex as opposed to 0.080" kydex or even 0.125" (or whatever the "thick" stuff is). On most holsters the difference will be two, maybe three times the extra thickness. So going from 0.080 to 0.060 saves you 1/16th an inch width.

The tradeoff is that thinner kydex is more likely to bend and tear. The durability benefits of a little thicker kydex outweigh the seemingly insubstantial gain in concealment, at least to me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm just looking for the site. It was posted here somewhere in reference to them being thin so I thought referring to them as being thin might help jog someone else's memory.

Please don't jump to conclusions as to my intentions.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Please don't jump to conclusions as to my intentions.
    Yes, silly of me to assume that when you asked for a link to a holster maker advertising ultra thin kydex holsters, you wanted an ultra thin kydex holster.

Feedback Score
    Concur with Todd--I far prefer the thicker more robust Kydex...