Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparing to SBR a M92 PAP or Draco

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Is the Draco barrel actually 12.5"? I thought they were 10".
    The standard Draco is 12.25" to be exact

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/12..._Sporter_.html

(I usually just round it to the next half-inch)

Feedback Score
    I tend to prefer the Yugo's so I will cast my vote for the M92, no real reason other than that I've had great luck with Yugo's in the past and the one Draco I've handled had some issues - not saying they all do, it's just I have no actual time behind one that functioned properly.

Feedback Score
    I'd say that it depends on what you want to do. I have a Draco SBR. As a pistol, it came with an underfolder rear trunnion, so I bought a Romanian underfolder and had it installed. FYI, even though it is an all matching numbers factory build, the headspace was short. I had to have the gunsmith adjust the headspace.

I have a PAP M92 that I've sent in the Form 1 on to convert to a side folding SBR. On average, I think the PAP M92's are better quality than the Dracos. I don't think the Draco pistols are worth the premium that you'd have to pay versus a PAP M92. Also, if it matters to you, most Draco's don't have matching numbers. I'm pretty anal retentive when it comes to my guns, so non-matching numbers bother me. On the plus side for the Draco, it does have a chrome lined barrel while the PAP M92 does not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12