Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt AR15A4 and FN15 - Side by Side Picture Comparison

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I know Brand X versus Brand Y comparisons are verboten, so I am staying away from that intentionally. Anyway, on with the picture show....

It will be interesting to see how well they shoot.
    Any chance you would post some groups for us? I suppose that can get into the brand comparison drivel, but you skillfully avoided that quite well thus far. Any thoughts on glass for group comparison, general use, etc. or are you staying with irons exclusively?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    Any chance you would post some groups for us? I suppose that can get into the brand comparison drivel, but you skillfully avoided that quite well thus far. Any thoughts on glass for group comparison, general use, etc. or are you staying with irons exclusively?
    I will shoot some groups with the same ammo under same conditions and same day/time/environmentals.

I picked up a can of ammo - Lake City XM193 420 rounds on stripper clips for 39 cents a round - best price I have seen in a long time. I want to shoot the gun for a few hundred rounds to settle it in. Then switch to some match ammo for groups.

I plan to use the irons initially. Eventually I would like to put some nice glass on these, and I am considering the Nightforce NXS Compacts - probably 2.5-10 x 42 - not sure on reticle yet. I want to shoot in the 100 to 300 yard range with irons. Switch to glass beyond 300 - about where my eyes benefit from magnification.

Feedback Score
    Terrific first post Clyde! I am interested in these two, particularly the Colt (I'm a Colt and BCM junkie) I was considering a Reece for my next rifle but this makes me want to go retro lol Thanks for the great photos and keep em coming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Switch to glass beyond 300 - about where my eyes benefit from magnification.
    Must be nice! I've considered LASIK surgery as my right eye has beed gradually going downhill over the past 5 years. This might be the year. I'll be interested to see your groups. Btw- aim surplus has had wolf gold in 1000 rd cases for $339.50. It's pretty good stuff from what I've heard. My friends have made recent purchases.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7GB6RD4kI

Feedback Score
    awesome thread on the fn rifle, as soon as i heard they were out i had to get one......actually ordered one of each. dont know but im really diggin the logo, thats just me. dont know if its true but heard on the net that the first batch with the logo on right side, will be actually corrected on next batch of fn rifles on the left side and will be there permanently. who knows the first batch might be worth some thing in the near future

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    Must be nice! I've considered LASIK surgery as my right eye has beed gradually going downhill over the past 5 years. This might be the year. I'll be interested to see your groups. Btw- aim surplus has had wolf gold in 1000 rd cases for $339.50. It's pretty good stuff from what I've heard. My friends have made recent purchases.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7GB6RD4kI
    Easily the best money I ever spent. Solid 20/15, about 1/2 the chart at 20/10 although that's really pushing it. I can basically determine L vs D but not D vs B for example. But 20/15 is as solid as can be.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Easily the best money I ever spent. Solid 20/15, about 1/2 the chart at 20/10 although that's really pushing it. I can basically determine L vs D but not D vs B for example. But 20/15 is as solid as can be.

+1. LASIK is the best money I ever spent.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still waiting for that range report, Clyde...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the comparison! Both look like quality rifles.

Can't wait for the range report!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This thread is truly quintessential M4C in terms of what is great about this place. Nothing more educational than an apples to apples comparison that's supported by great pics/descriptions.

I'd say you made the most of your first post after being a member for several years....if only mine, or 99% of other member's first post were like it. I'm sure my first post or two on here came straight from the little yellow short bus Anyways, excellent comparison/thread....and it's one's like this that would make ArmyChief proud.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast