Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR/Trust/Form 1/Engraving Question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SBR/Trust/Form 1/Engraving Question

I've done my research and found just about everything I need to get my paperwork off to the ATF but wanted clarification on the one area that seemed a bit unclear.

On my Form 1 (Box 3b) I have the following:

Justin Wayne Hebert Revocable Living Trust
    #### Creek Trail
    Las Cruces, NM 88012

Form 1 (Box 4h) indicates:

J. W. Hebert Trust
    Las Cruces, NM

Does the above "jive" with those of you who've gone the trust route? Does ATF have issue with abbreviated engraving for a long trust name such as mine? I'd like to ensure others have had success with this method before getting my receivers scratched up

Appreciate the guidance!
    Justin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What you have does not "jive".

1) Leave 4h empty

2) shorten your trust name.

Feedback Score
    You must engrave the full trust name...which is one reason choosing the trust name is important. You can amend it (as mentioned) to use a shorter name before you submit your application.

ATF will not let you abbreviate it. The only time you can shorten it is if it was too long to fit in EForms, when that system worked. There was a limit (maybe 56 characters), and they'd let you abbreviate just for the application. For instance, you could've submitted Justin Wayne Hebert RLT into EForms, but would've had to get the full name engraved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You must engrave the full trust name...which is one reason choosing the trust name is important. You can amend it (as mentioned) to use a shorter name before you submit your application.

ATF will not let you abbreviate it. The only time you can shorten it is if it was too long to fit in EForms, when that system worked. There was a limit (maybe 56 characters), and they'd let you abbreviate just for the application. For instance, you could've submitted Justin Wayne Hebert RLT into EForms, but would've had to get the full name engraved.
    Thank you for the clarification. Makes perfect sense with a little explanation behind the answers. I'll have to admit with the amount of misinformation present regarding this NFA stuff it's difficult to weed through to find legitimate info. Thanks again for the plain english explanation.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The attorney who prepared my trust told me to keep the trust name short for this very reason.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They will never know what you engrave on your rifle.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Mine got approved and i left the box for engraving blank. Go figure.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why are you guys so formal with your trust names? Serious question. Have some fun with it!
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-15-14 at 11:21.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post

On paper? Or EForms?

The funny thing about EForms is that it didn't matter what you put in that box...it was blank when you viewed and/or printed the form.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    That is how it is supposed to be.

4H is exactly what it says "Additional Description (Include all numbers and other identifying data which will appear on the firearm)"

You only put Additional Info, not the required info. If you are going to put a logo, or text "To the World's Greatest Dad" or "To my Son, on his 18th Birthday" you put that there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast