Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many bags do you have actually ready?

Feedback Score
    I think in most cases it would be better to shelter in place, unless there was a really good reason to move. I have a wife and 2 kids, they all go to school and work with in 6 miles of the house. I on the other hand work 35 miles from home. I have told my wife and kids to head for house unless there is a good reason to leave the area. I just think it would be crazy to be out on the road, while 80 to 90 percent of the population is also on the move. I have 3 weeks of food and water at house, a good supply of guns and ammo.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have 2 decent-sized gym/duffel bags GTG. They're chock full of survival stuff, duct tape, paracord, first-aid kits, waterless soap, and 'miscellany' like that.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Two.

GHB with core essentials/minimalist shit. Stays in the vehicle.

BOB with food/snivel/support gear with enough vacant space to stow the GHB. If you leave your base camp for any reason, the GHB with the "core" supplies stays with you, in the event you have to shag ass and can't get back to your main ruck.

I came up with this approach a few years back. The GHB is your security blanket/Battle Buddy, and is supplemented, albeit heavily, by the large ruck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    interesting thoughts. I love the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    I only have myself, so one bag
    * My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion only and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tc556guy View Post
    I only have myself, so one bag
    Damn that sucks man... Sorry to hear it. A family is a great thing, but at least you have less liabilities to worry about.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need to make a second bag.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Damn that sucks man... Sorry to hear it. A family is a great thing, but at least you have less liabilities to worry about.
    I still worry about my kids and even my ex
    She thought I was nuts for trying to be ready for bad things
    The kids are adults now but even adult kids are still your kids
    * My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion only and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tc556guy View Post
    I still worry about my kids and even my ex
    She thought I was nuts for trying to be ready for bad things
    The kids are adults now but even adult kids are still your kids
    Amen to that brother. My 11 year young daughter just went to her first school dance in hopes of dancing with a certain boy. What a gut punch. Anyway I am lucky to have a wife who puts up with my craziness. Getting ready to order another bag myself. I like the idea of having lots of gear set up to move with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345