Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How many bags do you have actually ready?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have any that are full stocked at this point, however I'm in the process of building 6.

One each for my wife, me, my son and my daughter.

One for the truck and one for medical supplies.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    One bag to rule them all.

I shove all my "escape and evasion" stuff in it and extra mags, basic weapon maintenance, in it, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    One bag to rule them all.

I shove all my "escape and evasion" stuff in it and extra mags, basic weapon maintenance, in it, etc.
    What type of bag do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    I use a Maxpedition. Amazing what you can cram into it with a bit of planning and judicious packing. Lots of molle on it too for adding additional pouches and what-not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    I use a Maxpedition. Amazing what you can cram into it with a bit of planning and judicious packing. Lots of molle on it too for adding additional pouches and what-not.
    Thank you! I use the 5.11 Rush 72's, but always nice to get a word on what others have found useful!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have two backpacks, one for me and one for the wife. Each bag set up nearly identical with 3 day supply of food, water,shelter and ecws sleeping systems. Mine is always in car, wife is less concerned than I. Hers sits in storage closet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sad to say none. I have everything but I haven't gotten around to putting them together. But after reading this forum and knowing better best believe I am getting my behind in gear. Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 ready to go at all times. First one is a 7 day pack with MRE', mags, extra clothes, and various survival and first aid gear. Second bag is a 1-3 day pack. Same stuff as the first but in smaller quantities. We are S.O.L. in the winter though, no staying outside for long periods unless you want Grandpa Winter to get you.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSKI View Post
    2 ready to go at all times. First one is a 7 day pack with MRE', mags, extra clothes, and various survival and first aid gear. Second bag is a 1-3 day pack. Same stuff as the first but in smaller quantities. We are S.O.L. in the winter though, no staying outside for long periods unless you want Grandpa Winter to get you.
    Thought about this too. Maybe with a change of boots and jackets winter wouldnt be a huge problem? I don't have a "winter bag" set up. Could use one since 6 months out of the year here it is usually pretty cold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    Thought about this too. Maybe with a change of boots and jackets winter wouldnt be a huge problem? I don't have a "winter bag" set up. Could use one since 6 months out of the year here it is usually pretty cold out.
    I'm not competing or underplaying anyone else's winters or anything, but our winters in the bush regularly sit from 0 to -60 degrees F.
    0 degrees is a hot day after weeks and weeks of -20 or below weather. So when I say we are SOL we really are. Even in the best gear which is vary cumbersome one can only stay out for so long before the wind chill turns you into a corpsicle. The benefit is that when its that cold everyone is bugging in not out.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast