Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running a Mag tactical lightweight lower?

Feedback Score

Anyone running a Mag tactical lightweight lower?

Picked up a new AR, it's a PSA premium M4 upper w/ bolt and BCG etc. and it came with a new frontier polymer lower that I just don't feel like using. There is a guy locally selling a brand new Mag tactical lightweight lower for a real decent price and thought... It's got to be better than the LW-15 that's on the gun currently, right? Something about polymer lowers just bothers me.

The intent for this rifle is just to be a lightweight plinker, it won't be replacing my LE6920 as my go to. Plus, a friend of mine already laid claim to the polymer lower to help recoup the cost of the new lower.

So, with that out of the way - Has anyone run one of these? How did it match up to your upper? Any fitment issues?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why not just get a PSA lower and parts kit? They have many combinations. Or get a PSA complete lower receiver group and be done with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Why not just get a PSA lower and parts kit? They have many combinations. Or get a PSA complete lower receiver group and be done with it.
    Mostly because it is local and at a decent price instead of dealing with shipping - but ended up selling the whole rifle to a friend of mine that wanted it. Now the funds are going towards a course and ammunition. Already have 3 AR's, which is enough... For now, figured training is more important.

Feedback Score
    I have one... I haven't shot it much. It went together OK. It uses non-standard hammer and trigger pins, which I don't like much. It's light.

There is a picture of one floating around that broke at the usual spot that plastic lowers break. I don't know if that was a bad casting, or if they are all vulnerable to that. I've only seen the one picture, FWIW.

It makes me feel better than a plastic lower, I don't know if it's actually better.

Feedback Score
    My AR is set up with one. I really haven't out too many thousands of rounds through it, but it looks to be okay so far.
    My biggest issue with it right now is that it isn't anodized. I would never buy another non-anodized lower, because this one's cerakote is scratched off in quite a few places. Really I just want a new lower, but that doesn't feel like the best place to stick my money right now as it is only cosmetic.
    Just be sure it is cerakoted.

Tell me, where do polymers tend to break at?? Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well this is a little late but I have a magtech lower and I am not a fan of it. Its out of spec for the fit with an upper. I tried it with a BCM upper, and two different Noveske uppers and had the same problem with all three. Now I can force it but that is using a rubber mallet to push the pins in, and a punch and mallet to get this pins out while I'm squeezing them together as hard as I can. There is so many lowers on the market right now just go with a different brand.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny86 View Post
    Well this is a little late but I have a magtech lower and I am not a fan of it. Its out of spec for the fit with an upper. I tried it with a BCM upper, and two different Noveske uppers and had the same problem with all three. Now I can force it but that is using a rubber mallet to push the pins in, and a punch and mallet to get this pins out while I'm squeezing them together as hard as I can. There is so many lowers on the market right now just go with a different brand.
    I would contact them if I was you. I am sure they will replace it. I had a problem with paint prematurely chipping off a lower when they used duracoat and they sent me a new cerakoted lower no questions asked..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    I would contact them if I was you. I am sure they will replace it. I had a problem with paint prematurely chipping off a lower when they used duracoat and they sent me a new cerakoted lower no questions asked..
    How are you affiliated with Mag Tac? Are you a boss or a worker?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyheadgear View Post
    How are you affiliated with Mag Tac? Are you a boss or a worker?

Huh??? How did you make the leap that this poster is affiliated with Mag Tac from that post?

More on topic...I have a couple of these lowers waiting for me at my dealer. I'll definitely be checking the fit and dimensions on them once I have them in hand. While I have read about a couple issues online, those issues were taken care of by Mag Tactical so I'm not concerned.

Also, a post above says it uses non-standard FCG pins. Unless something has changed, a more correct statement would be that it comes with non-standard pins. They made the area around the holes thicker and they supply longer pins so they fit flush. That doesn't mean you can't use standard pins or standard length pins. In my research on these I found that many people were using standard pins or standard length pins, such as the ones supplied with Geissele triggers, without issue.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krichbaum View Post
    Huh??? How did you make the leap that this poster is affiliated with Mag Tac from that post?

From his other posts, not just this one.

I have two lowers also. The complete lower I have will only hook up to a Mag Tac upper, and I have to hammer pins with my PSA. The finish is terrible on mine.

Also, when I bought the complete upper, the FA was too long and kept ratcheting the BCG closed. I waited over a month to get it, even though they told me it was in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast