Thread: Streamlight TLR2G or Viridian C5L, looking for user experiences.

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR2G or Viridian C5L, looking for user experiences.

I'm in the market for a rail mounted light/green laser combo. I have done my due diligence and research and I have narrowed down my choices to a Streamlight TLR2G or a Viridian C5L. Pricing is not an issue. I am convinced that you buy once, buy quality and don't look back. Streamlight has its plus' such as reliability and warranty, I have a TLR4 that's been good to me. I'm leaning towards the TLR2G simply due to my experience with their products and customer service. I have no experience with Viridian products, so I'm looking for some user experiences with them. I am wondering if they have addressed the battery cap threading issue (metal fine thread cap into polymer base).

I will be mounting this on a Glock 20-4thGen. This is my home defense go to weapon. I put an average of 75-100 rounds through it a week (more if my sons are here) on my backyard range. Holstering will not be an issue, once I have made my choice I'm having a paddle custom made.

So if you have any current experiences with any one of these products I welcome your input and feedback.
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No experience with the C5L, but I have a CTL... Not the world's biggest fan.

1. The buttons are great but if you want to do anything but momentary on/off, good luck. It's not hard, but it's not intuitive either imo. Strobe is dumb anyhow.

2. The light itself is decent for the size, but certainly not overpowering. The I must have left it one somehow one day, as the battery it came with died quickly. I'd like to see an auto shutoff from lack of motion, but that's a next-generation thing with these LEDs.

3. One issue I have is the O-ring seal to the front of the housing. It's not a good design. It's getting knarled up a bit from the holster. It probably just wasn't centered from the factory, so check that if you end up getting one.

I can't comment on the green laser as the CTL doesn't have it. The unit is definitely small enough to leave on all the time and it's a good value. I like it quite a bit, but I don't love it terribly. I wanted a small light that would clear my compact handguns an Osprey silencer attached.

Feedback Score
    I've had both and disliked both. The C5L has horrible controls as already stated. The Streamlight had its laser coming out of the LED white light head. When you shoot a lot, the lense of the light gets dirty in turn the laser gets blocked. Horrible idea. Sig at one time made a laser light combo like this and is no longer made.

For the Money,and for the better of the two, I finally bought the new Surefire X400 Green. They offer two green lasers so be careful on which you buy. They offer a 505nm and a 515nm green laser. I like the 505nm. It is a cyan color. No splatter you get from bright green. The 515nm is more green green. The thing is built like a tank. Laser housing is alloy like the rest of the light.