Thread: Mega/BCM lightweight kiss build.

Feedback Score

Mega/BCM lightweight kiss build.

The first AR I bought is this 16" midlength piston Huldra in 5.56. Added some DD sights and mostly left it in stock form. Runs like a champ.

After shooting the Huldra I got a feel for what I wanted in a custom build:
    Lighter barrel, good trigger, mid length DI gas system, and milspec as a minimum baseline.
    I wanted to use all high quality parts and make a lightweight KISS rifle that could be run hard so I ended up with:

Forged Mega gator lower (the fit and finish on these are excellent!)
    ACT trigger and Colt small lower parts
    BCM grip and buffer
    BAD CASS dovetailed selector
    Magpul fixed carbine stock.

For the upper I used a middy BCM hammer forged 16" chrome lined LW profile.
    BCM BCG
    DD sight and Raptor charging handle.

The Mega/BCM points very well and runs like a top. Middy DI gas is slightly softer shooting than the piston.
    Fixed stock is rock solid and doesn't yank facial hair, the lop is the same as the CTR extended out 2 clicks.
    The Huldra is now getting an ACT trigger and fixed stock upgrade to match.

Thanks for looking.
    Hamms
    Last edited by Hamms; 10-21-14 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Hey, I recognize the sweet thing that made me run to Atomic Tac. for my own fixed stock. Welcome aboard. Those pigtails sure make you look younger.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Thanks uffdaphil, it's good to see you on this forum as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice build! I run a Huldra upper on my primary build and love it. Thing runs like a sewing machine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really nice!

Feedback Score
    Hamms:

Very nice! I've got one that's a lot like that, and where mine differs from yours, I wish it was more like yours. BCM 16" gov't profile middy, and in place of the magpul fixed carbine stock I've got a A1 stock (from CavArms) with rifle buffer and spring. I keep thinking I should try out the fixed carbine stock with the A5 I've got sitting around.

Feedback Score
    Nice piece. I also use a fixed carbine stock on my 16 and prefer it that way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Making me think twice about my adjustable stock.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comments guys. I realized that I usually put the CTR in the second or third position, so the FCS made more sense and the CTR lock never fully eliminated the stock wobble. This BCM has run flawless.

I ditched the Raptor handle for a BCM mod4 handle. I found the Raptor latched stiffer and it was too easy to torque left or right when using the one hand thumb-finger pinch. I also swapped the right side selector lever 180 degrees because it rubbed my trigger finger right on the knuckle. Now when it's on fire it points straight up out of the way, and I can use my finger to push it forward onto safe.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm working on another build using a 20" BCM barrel and another Mega lower. I'll be using the magpul fixed rifle stock once all the parts show up, so I'll let you know how it shoots with some pics.
    Last edited by Hamms; 10-16-14 at 18:18.