Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello all and a quick question.

Feedback Score

hello all and a quick question.

First off hello, this is my first post here. I recently purchased a slightly used dpms ar-15 with a troy industries alpha rail on it. This gun fires beautifully and I have added a couple things( eotech reflex sight, magpul fixed stock and MOE grip). I want to add things to the handguard but everywhere I read the troy rail should have come with all the attachment hardware to add rails or modify to direct mount. Is there somewhere I can order that hardware? I have done some searches for it on this forum and another, as well as the troy website and other vendors. All I can find are the lower profile mount backings for around the gas block, I was hoping to find a replacement kit of the hardware or something of the like.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Give Grant a call from G&R Tactical, he can probably help you out.

Welcome to the board.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    First off hello, this is my first post here. I recently purchased a slightly used dpms ar-15 with a troy industries alpha rail on it. This gun fires beautifully and I have added a couple things( eotech reflex sight, magpul fixed stock and MOE grip). I want to add things to the handguard but everywhere I read the troy rail should have come with all the attachment hardware to add rails or modify to direct mount. Is there somewhere I can order that hardware? I have done some searches for it on this forum and another, as well as the troy website and other vendors. All I can find are the lower profile mount backings for around the gas block, I was hoping to find a replacement kit of the hardware or something of the like.
    Where exactly did you look on Troy's website? www.troyind.com --> Rail Systems/Accessories tab --> Rail accessories tab --> Quick attach rail sections...here's a shortcut:

https://troyind.com/rail-systems-acc...-rail-sections

They have the rail sections for both the Troy and VTAC variant rails, 4 Troy's and 2 VTAC's
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    I am not looking for the rail pieces, I am looking for the pieces that mount the rail sections to the rail system. The hardware that goes inside, from reviews and modifications that I have read the rail system comes with the hardware to mount the rail sections or other accessories to it. If that is wrong and I have to order the rail sections to get that hardware then ok, but if it came with the rail system itself then I would like to get that hardware.

I will attempt to contact G&R tomorrow morning, thank you for the possible contact for this.

Feedback Score
    I've installed a couple of the Troy Battlerails, they do have hardware that attaches the rail sections to the battlerail, they're cross bars that you put on the inside and fasten the Allen head bolts into to secure the rail section. They should of come with the rail sections, so I believe that you will have to buy more rail sections for your specific fore end to get the hardware.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifecta View Post
    I've installed a couple of the Troy Battlerails, they do have hardware that attaches the rail sections to the battlerail, they're cross bars that you put on the inside and fasten the Allen head bolts into to secure the rail section. They should of come with the rail sections, so I believe that you will have to buy more rail sections for your specific fore end to get the hardware.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was really hoping to find the hardware only, but meh I am sure I can come up with something to use them for.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was really hoping to find the hardware only, but meh I am sure I can come up with something to use them for.
    I recently sold an Alpha rail to a guy that didn't want the 3-2' and 1-4" rail sections I included, I threw them in for nothing. Shoot me a PM. I'll see if he is interested in selling them. GH

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At this point I'd just call Troy's customer service and explain your situation. If they're not willing to help you I'd think about getting a rail from another manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Call TROY. Explain to them that you're an ANTI GUN zealot, and they'll probably hook you up with a Job and all the free troy crap you want!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Call TROY. Explain to them that you're an ANTI GUN zealot, and they'll probably hook you up with a Job and all the free troy crap you want!
    Extra bonus $$$ if you shoot unarmed women carrying babies.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast