Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about A2 stock setup??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Yes a bunch, anything post '94 has to either be pinned/non-functioning carbine or a A1 or A2 type stock.

I'm going to build either a AR15A4 rifle (20") or a Mk12 (18") clone. I'm probably going to use my A2 stock on whichever I decide to build.

MYH1.
    Place the back of the A2 stock against your arm above your bicep and see if your finger easily reaches the trigger without straining. If the A2 stock is a little long, you do have options.

You might consider finding a new A1 length stock. All you have to do is leave out the spacer behind the receiver extension when you remove the A2 stock. The A1 stock works for me with light & moderate weight body armor. I think it is more versatile.

An old A1 stock normally won't fit on a newer A2 receiver extension, so find a new A1 reproduction stock. I cut down my A2 stock to A1 length and used epoxy to glue the front of the stock back on.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Place the back of the A2 stock against your arm above your bicep and see if your finger easily reaches the trigger without straining. If the A2 stock is a little long, you do have options.

You might consider finding a new A1 length stock. All you have to do is leave out the spacer behind the receiver extension when you remove the A2 stock. The A1 stock works for me with light & moderate weight body armor. I think it is more versatile.

An old A1 stock normally won't fit on a newer A2 receiver extension, so find a new A1 reproduction stock. I cut down my A2 stock to A1 length and used epoxy to glue the front of the stock back on.
    The A2 stock fits me fine. Actually I really like them. When I bought my first AR back in 2002 it was a RRA Tasc Rifle Middy with a A2 stock. When I ordered my Stag Model 1 a few years back, I ordered it with the plus package and an A2 stock. My son has since changed the A2 stock to a Magpul Stock that he likes on the Stag. That's were my extra A2 stock comes from.

If I could buy a brand new Colt AR15A4 Rifle I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Thanks, NYH1.
    Last edited by NYH1; 04-16-14 at 22:50.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Yes a bunch, anything post '94 has to either be pinned/non-functioning carbine or a A1 or A2 type stock.

I'm going to build either a AR15A4 rifle (20") or a Mk12 (18") clone. I'm probably going to use my A2 stock on whichever I decide to build.

MYH1.
    My first build I went with the MK 12 Mod O......still have a few things to get......make sure you get the ARMS 40L rear sight......L for low profile. I got the wrong sight a standard one ARMS 40 STD A2 and the scope does not clear the rear sight.

A2 stock is best setup with MK 12.

PRI supplied me with most of the components......and Brownells. I used a Colt upper and lower.

Werners Arms has the best price on MK 12 Douglas Barrels 1:7 twist

Compass Lake Eng. also does a good job on MK 12.......highly suggest!

Pm me for any questions.
    Last edited by Alaska3006; 04-16-14 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found my A2 stock was too long for me bundled up this last winter. Swapped out the A2 for an A1, and all was good.
    Also, an old A1 'type D' stock fit perfectly on an LMT rifle receiver extension.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess my A2 stock will be used on a different project sometime down the road. My wife asked me if I'd use the lower that I was going to use to build either a AR15A4 (20") rifle or a Mk12 (18") clone to build her a little carbine instead. . . . .a really girly carbine with Magpul's pink MOE stock, grip and hand guard as well as other pink accessories!

My dad told me a long time ago when I was a kid that "when moms happy, we're happy". So a nice girly carbine with pink Magpul furniture and accessories it is! It'll go with her Remington 700 compact 243 Win. (13" LOP/20" bbl) and 3-9x40mm Leupold with pink accessories as well. The more she likes to shoot, the more the boy and I will be able to shoot!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    If I could buy a brand new Colt AR15A4 Rifle I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Thanks, NYH1.
    G & R Tactical has Colt AR15A4s in stock, last time I looked.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    He lives in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by fdxpilot View Post
    G & R Tactical has Colt AR15A4s in stock, last time I looked.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    He lives in New York.
    Right, in order to make AR's/M4's the way we want them, we have to use lowers we've already had before 1/15/2013. I have a few. As much as I'd absolutely love to buy a brand new Colt AR15A4, I can't for two reasons.
    1- we can't buy any assault type rifles after 1/15/2013 unless they have those goofy stocks and there are other non-assault weapon features we can get them with, however, you can not change the way they were bought or it is a felony.
    2- we haven't been able to buy any assault rifles with "AR15 roll marks" on them since 1994 fed. AWB.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

MYH1.
    Take a close look at Article 265 of the Penal Law. http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal/part3.tp.a265.html From what I can gather registered assault weapons are exempt from the section which lists features now. I'm sure this was not the intent of the law but it is what the wording indicates.

Feedback Score
    Yeah we have to worry about penal laws 265 and 400 overlapping each other. And I'm sure there are a few other ones they can pile on us too.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast