Thread: AR15 shell deflector on a "Heritage" build?

Feedback Score

AR15 shell deflector on a "Heritage" build?

Would there be any opinions out there with the knowledgeable membership regarding coating the shell deflector's angled surface with a rubberized tool handle dip liquid to minimize scuffing especially "God forbid" using steel jacketed 5.56 or.223 ammo. Thanks ahead for help by the anticipated response of the distinguished membership!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i dont see why it wouldnt work. but i guess i fail to see the point honestly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No need. I'd be more concerned with protecting my brass... but even then... who cares? Brass dents fire form out anyway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess I don't associate pristine items with "heritage" or perhaps I just don't understand its meaning in this context.

Brass marks on the deflector are part of the "heritage" of that AR. It's like a kids cuddly toy that's had all the fur rubbed off in a particular spot. It shows it has been "loved".

Feedback Score
    I saw someone use the fuzzy side of stick on Velcro on his shell deflector to protect his match brass from dents before...seemed to work pretty well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like either the rubber or the velcro would work, but why?
    The beauty of any tool is the legitimate wear you've put on it from good work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Unless it's a rare or limited run production gun, shoot it. If there's a sentimental attachment, don't shoot it... and build a differnent gun to use and abuse appropriately.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If it's got a brass deflector, it hasn't got much 'heritage' anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Unless it's a rare or limited run production gun, shoot it. If there's a sentimental attachment, don't shoot it... and build a differnent gun to use and abuse appropriately.
    agreed.

also some well placed duct tape would be a alternate solution and can be easily removed.