Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Rifles, 2 Optics. Which one would you put on which?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Believe it when I see it...
    I've not had the chance to shoot the ELW with good glass on paper. We did shoot it to 1050 with the nightforce, but didn't shoot groups that day. I have got it sub MOA with a horrible 9x hunting scope.... so maybe a SS match barrel would get closer to 1/2 MOA, but MAN!... if I had to carry and SPR type gun on foot, I'd not hesitate for a minute to make it the ELW.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    What is it about the ELW that makes this the case? Weight reduction and a possibly quicker cooling time I get but what would make the ELW more accurate than a standard profile barrel of the same manufacture? Not to put words in your mouth, just going off the notion that SS is inherently more accurate than CL and that the ELW/Gov't/LW profiles from BCM have the same internal makeup.
    All of my recent BCM CL barrels have been capable of MOA or even SUB MOA performance with good 77s at 100 yards. The shock to me was that the ELW would hang right with the fatter barrels. The Tapered shape may play a role in that. But I'm not sure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was voting for the Trig on the Afgan but you made the right choice already! You'll be amazed how far you can reach with that setup.
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the variable on the Afghan piece, and the T-1 micro on the BCM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    That Noveske SS barrel will probably shoot tighter groups at distance than either of those optics will allow you to do. Heck, I bet the BCM can shoot tighter groups than either of those optics will allow you to do.
    You've got a good point going there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123