Thread: Security companies and NFA items

Feedback Score

Security companies and NFA items

This seems to be the most appropriate section for this. If not please feel free to move it.

Security companies, and also Manufacturing companies can get their hands on new full auto weapons, or at least the
    manufacturers can. I know I've seen videos from Magpul and AAC with them shooting things like HK416's and MP7's.
    Are they able to do this with just an 07FFL/02SOT? or is there something I'm missing? Also security companies that operate
    overseas and here in the states use select fire weapons or suppressors....or is that one of those great and wondrous internet
    rumors? Either way how does a security company get weapons to issue to their people period even if they aren't class3? Again is
    it the company just getting an FFL and buying the guns directly? Thanks in advance!
    TN Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Employee: Franklin Gun Shop LLC

"I mean I didn't invent the turtleneck Lana, but I was the first to recognize its potential as a tactical garment. Tactical turtleneck Lana, the tactalneck"

Go tell that long tongue liar
    Go and tell that midnight rider
    Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter
    Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
    Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
    -Johnny Cash

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerik1m4 View Post
    This seems to be the most appropriate section for this. If not please feel free to move it.

Security companies, and also Manufacturing companies can get their hands on new full auto weapons, or at least the
    manufacturers can. I know I've seen videos from Magpul and AAC with them shooting things like HK416's and MP7's.
    Are they able to do this with just an 07FFL/02SOT?
    Pretty much yes, if you have an FFL/SOT, you can get a post-sample machine gun.

Also security companies that operate
    overseas and here in the states use select fire weapons or suppressors....or is that one of those great and wondrous internet
    rumors? Either way how does a security company get weapons to issue to their people period even if they aren't class3? Again is
    it the company just getting an FFL and buying the guns directly? Thanks in advance!
    Most domestic companies do not. There are exceptions for DOE/DOD, etc., but as a general rule no.

Either way how does a security company get weapons to issue to their people period even if they aren't class3? Again is it the company just getting an FFL and buying the guns directly? Thanks in advance!
    Just as a individual can buy a gun, so can a business entity. NO FFL required, just fill out a 4473 or buy privately like anyone else.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    What do you mean by security companies? Do you mean private military companies on DOD/DOS contracts or are you referring to Ninja Squad Armed Security, LLC?

Private security companies overseas get weapons issued to them by the federal gov't for use on the contract. Unless the contract states that the contractor must provide their own all of which is listed in the Statement of Work.

In the U.S. some companies do own automatic weapons and suppressors, etc... which were probably bought as a corporation, LLC, etc...

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com