Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M42000 (or 51T) for an SPR role?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The Surefire mount appears to be a better design, but I still remember when those fags at surefire made their can MIL only. So fukk them.... plus as with all of their stuff.... ridiculously over priced.

AAC is equally retarded. They just keep adding fukking teeth to their idiotic mounts. Shit... I still run the 18T on my ARs. I'd run the 51T if I had to... no problem... but I'm not going any deeper into their nano teeth nonsense.
    Why don't you just get Ranger3s? They're shorter, lighter, and provide m4-2k level sound suppression?

AAC's solution is kind of retarded. They don't get a precise and repeatable lockup so they add more teeth to make the wiggle room smaller. Really, AAC? REALLY? All the other companies have figured it out already.

Maybe rsilvers can chime in on this. I like AAC as a company, but... their mounts make me sad. The breakout2 looks to have promise, but the lockup!
    Last edited by Koshinn; 04-22-14 at 10:22.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agreed.... and... I didn't know there was a Ranger 3 can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does anyone have experience with the lock up on the newer griffin armament cans? Whats the POI shift like? I like the SF locking system best but prices are a little too steep, the old school NT4 from knights and M4 cans from AAC have crappier locking systems.

I would like for some one to do a comparable review of the major QD mount cans on the market, testing mounting lock up and POI shift.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Agreed.... and... I didn't know there was a Ranger 3 can.
    Yeah, if you're always dedicating cans to a host, it's a good deal. It's cheaper than a M4-2000 by ~$550 including mount's cost, 4 oz lighter than a Mini4 and 8 oz lighter than a M4-2000 including the mount's weight, and between the lengths of a Mini4 and M4-2000. And it has about the sound suppression of a M4-2000, maybe 1dB less according to AAC.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Wow, that's good to know.

The Surefire cans I've handled have a much more solid lockup.

The Ops cans I've seen in action had good flash suppression. Is Ops still using just stainless for the baffles though? I saw an Ops can that had been used extensively on a semi SBR and it had significant baffle erosion.
    The OPS (and I'm assuming the Allen Engineering clones) are still big heavy SS tanks of cans, but that's why the performance is good, even for the smaller 14th units. For my uses, I run brakes in front of each of those cans, but I still plan on losing both of them to battle erosion (which I'm 100% fine with, hopefully the Gen III surefire or KAC cans are so awesome by then I won't feel bad).

Anymore, if you don't need that rifle to perform both with AND without a can on it, a dedicated suppressor setup is still the most cost-effective way to roll. The OPS setup I have is very close to that effectively, but I can rotate around cans that use the same mounting.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 04-22-14 at 11:57.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Yeah, if you're always dedicating cans to a host, it's a good deal. It's cheaper than a M4-2000 by ~$550 including mount's cost, 4 oz lighter than a Mini4 and 8 oz lighter than a M4-2000 including the mount's weight, and between the lengths of a Mini4 and M4-2000. And it has about the sound suppression of a M4-2000, maybe 1dB less according to AAC.
    I'll have to keep my eyes peeled at the dealers. I almost bought the original Ranger can years back for my first suppressor, but it sold before I went back.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the lock up on the newer griffin armament cans? Whats the POI shift like? I like the SF locking system best but prices are a little too steep, the old school NT4 from knights and M4 cans from AAC have crappier locking systems.

I would like for some one to do a comparable review of the major QD mount cans on the market, testing mounting lock up and POI shift.
    Second best lockup to the Surefire Socom is the Saker.

SF makes an excellent mount on a very good can, but yea, the retail pricing is full retard. I recently learned that they are sort of in a hard place when it comes to that. They sell cans to military and just got the contract for the M4, Mk18, Mk13, which is great and all, BUT, if they sell lower to civilians than what the mil buys for, it allows mil to renegotiate contract. This I suspect is also why some AAC mounts are priced beyond reason. And basically everything KAC makes.

To counter this, SF has a VERY high retail price, with VERY high margins on the dealer side. So, you should be able to find a dealer that cuts you in a little closer to the competition, but expect to pay $200 over. That said, Saker is probably the best priced can in terms of having a great mount - but they are entirely unproven thus far.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was gonna get the m4-2k but went with the socom rc for this very reason... i wanted a tight lock up i can use in an spr type role

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOSTjunkie View Post
    I was gonna get the m4-2k but went with the socom rc for this very reason... i wanted a tight lock up i can use in an spr type role
    You have chosen wisely.

Over on TOS there have been threads about this. Those cheap bastards hate surefire so much it's funny how far they go to deny that the AAC 51T cans just aren't for precision guns. So basically if you do the opposite of whatever you see there, you are almost certainly doing well.

I have the 762-RC and 556-RC, they're both excellent on my recce out to 800, and bolt gun as well as any carbine I ever expect to own. They are expensive though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    You have chosen wisely.

Over on TOS there have been threads about this. Those cheap bastards hate surefire so much it's funny how far they go to deny that the AAC 51T cans just aren't for precision guns. So basically if you do the opposite of whatever you see there, you are almost certainly doing well.

I have the 762-RC and 556-RC, they're both excellent on my recce out to 800, and bolt gun as well as any carbine I ever expect to own. They are expensive though.
    The price difference between an M42000 and SF SOCOM isn't huge - so going with the SF makes sense. However, with the recent AAC 556-SD coming out (plus a $200 credit on AACs website) you can get a can and mount which is almost (as?) as good as an M42000 for ~$550.

The SF is no doubt IMO the best can, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $700. Heck, with that much money I could get an OPS can for my SPR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast