Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M42000 (or 51T) for an SPR role?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

M42000 (or 51T) for an SPR role?

Does anyone run an M42000 on an SPR type rifle? Specifically, is any shift consistent and repeatable? I've been thinking about picking up the new 556-SD for my MK18, but only if it would be acceptable for my current project (which is a SPR/Mk12 type rifle). I've tried searching but come with little information in this regard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    Does anyone run an M42000 on an SPR type rifle? Specifically, is any shift consistent and repeatable? I've been thinking about picking up the new 556-SD for my MK18, but only if it would be acceptable for my current project (which is a SPR/Mk12 type rifle). I've tried searching but come with little information in this regard.
    I run a AAC SDN-6 on both my SBR and SPR-type rifle. It also uses a 51T mount.

The key is to follow the instructions... you ratchet it down to the last tooth, then loosen it slightly until it falls into the groove. If you do that, you'll get a repeatable shift for that weapon.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We run about 5 51t cans. The POI is repeatable.

But anymore... I'm a fan of dedicating the can and not messing with it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    The key is to follow the instructions... you ratchet it down to the last tooth, then loosen it slightly until it falls into the groove. If you do that, you'll get a repeatable shift for that weapon.
    Ok, this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We run about 5 51t cans. The POI is repeatable.

But anymore... I'm a fan of dedicating the can and not messing with it.
    Thanks for chiming in. For me, however, I need the flexibility....

Feedback Score
    ghjkl
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-11-19 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Our Riflesmith polished that mating surface in the can with 400 grit and got it to click in.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Our Riflesmith polished that mating surface in the can with 400 grit and got it to click in.
    The dude who came up with that "cure" for the wobbly AAC 51T mount later reported that after repeated use the wobble came back. It's all posted on snipershide.com .
    On my 18inch Larue Stealth upper the groups opened up from 3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch with an M4-2008 attached, with an occasional flier an inch away. YMMV.
    Oddly enough, one of my four AAC adapters locks up solidly on that last tooth, but by the time I found out I had allready purchased an Ops Inc 12th Model.
    The M4-2008 is a great can, but the mount is ideal for an SBR, not an SPR.
    Regards,

Jorge

PS ...

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without
    bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too
    costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the
    odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be
    a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory,
    because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
    Winston
    Churchill

Feedback Score
    ghjkl
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-11-19 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp43 View Post
    The dude who came up with that "cure" for the wobbly AAC 51T mount later reported that after repeated use the wobble came back. It's all posted on snipershide.com .
    It may have. If you take the can off after getting a solid lock up, yep... it can be a bitch to get that click again.... you may have to do the polishing over a little.

Most cans we run stay on the gun all the time. My .308 has to come off because it's not my can. It usually won't lock perfectly, but never gives any accuracy issues.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The Surefire cans I've handled have a much more solid lockup.
    The Surefire mount appears to be a better design, but I still remember when those fags at surefire made their can MIL only. So fukk them.... plus as with all of their stuff.... ridiculously over priced.

AAC is equally retarded. They just keep adding fukking teeth to their idiotic mounts. Shit... I still run the 18T on my ARs. I'd run the 51T if I had to... no problem... but I'm not going any deeper into their nano teeth nonsense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast