Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my FFL giving me the run around on my tax stamp?

Feedback Score

Is my FFL giving me the run around on my tax stamp?

Last October I e-filed for my suppressor stamp through my local FFL. I call them a few times during my wait about the status of my stamp approval and they would contact the BATF with my can's serial number and boom I would get some kind of update. In mid March I did this same thing and was told by the BATF that my stamp was approved 1/30/14 and could expect my stamp at my FFL in 2-3 days. I go off to work out of state for two weeks, come back and my FFL hasn't seen my stamp come in. I ask them to check online and they tell my the e-file system is down so they can't check online. Understandable since I knew the e-file site was having issues. I ask them to call them just like they usually do to see what the status of my stamp is. They tell me they haven't been able to get ahold of anyone at the BATF for days, all they get is a busy signal. I call back a couple of days later and they tell me the BATF is not accepting calls and is only accepting written letters by the FFL to request updates on tax stamps. Anyone else having this issue or is my FFL playing F^&* Fu%^ games with me?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Call yourself? Get the serial number from the can you already paid for, call ATF yourself.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just called, 4 rings and they answered.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    By all means be proactive and call the ATF. You should be able to get to the bottom of it fast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    By all means be proactive and call the ATF. You should be able to get to the bottom of it fast.
    Just talked to the BATF and they are telling me the stamp should have arrived weeks ago. I'm wondering now if it was "Lost in the mail" or the FFL lost it in their shop...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmarine022003 View Post
    Just talked to the BATF and they are telling me the stamp should have arrived weeks ago. I'm wondering now if it was "Lost in the mail" or the FFL lost it in their shop...
    Bingo, thus the bullshit runaround from your FFL.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yeah, one way I would get some answers. Plus word of mouth is a great option for stores that give the runaround.

Feedback Score
    I just now was able to log into eforms and view my approved stamps. Otherwise you can contact them directly. I pulled this from www.guntrustlawyer.com website:

"Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
    Direct a request to eForms.Request@atf.gov
    Status queries
    Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
    Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
    Other eForms questions
    Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov"

I remember reading somewhere that they will email duplicate electronic copies of approved stamps while the site is down. I think if you used eforms you will never get an official stamp back, just an electronic version you can print out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    I just now was able to log into eforms and view my approved stamps. Otherwise you can contact them directly. I pulled this from www.guntrustlawyer.com website:

"Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
    Direct a request to eForms.Request@atf.gov
    Status queries
    Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
    Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
    Other eForms questions
    Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov"

I remember reading somewhere that they will email duplicate electronic copies of approved stamps while the site is down. I think if you used eforms you will never get an official stamp back, just an electronic version you can print out.
    The owner of the FFL did tell me a week ago he would email them and have a copy emailed to him so I could finally take ownership of my can, but when I talked to him today is when he told me they would only send the copy of the stamp if he hand wrote a letter to them. When I talked to the BATF today they told me the same thing but that you could also have it faxed. I will go tomorrow and try to get this sorted out. This being my first time doing the NFA dance, I'm learning a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmarine022003 View Post
    This being my first time doing the NFA dance, I'm learning a lot.
    At the least you've learned who not to deal with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast