Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot a Tracking Point XS1 yesterday

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    I agree, I also think the keyboard you are typing on should only be sold with a proper government permit. I mean think of all the dangerous things an irresponsible person could type and disseminate via that new fangled world wide webby thingy.
    Yeah your whole statement is pretty out of line.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeltaDorce View Post
    I believe that CCK has grossly misrepresented what I have said here..... I'm not calling for gov permits! Would you let your 16 year old kid drive an Indy car? What if the car automatically avoided the walls, but still drove 200 MPH? You need to use your brain here CCK, I am not your enemy.
    Read your own signature line. I'd rather live in a world that treats everyone as adults and hopes that they behave like it than one which says only qualified (by whom?) professionals should own something.

Go ahead, be a Luddite but don't expect to not be treated with derision.

ETA: Danica Patrick was racing Formula Ford at 16.
    Plenty of 16 year olds get Private Pilots Licenses. I have no issues with either.
    Last edited by CCK; 04-17-14 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeltaDorce View Post
    I do not like this technology. The reasons are two fold. 1) Any person with enough practice to "naturally" shoot 500 yds or more will have gained an expansive knowledge about ballistics, safety, rifle mechanics, etc. 2) Any machine technology can fail, and the results of failure in this platform are completely unknown.... Someone who doesn't understand guns might do something EXCEPTIONALLY unsafe trying to remedy the issue. In short, I believe that a person should be capable and responsible for the operations that cause a bullet to come out of the gun. All of the software should be in the skull, IMHO.
    Honestly the price point alone will place this out of the hands of the mass majority. This is a rich kids toy for the guys who want to have the coolest gun on the block. Yes it is incredibly functional and the technology it cutting edge, but not everyone has $10-$27K to drop on a shooting system.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Yeah your whole statement is pretty out of line.

This is a technical forum, if he wants to shit on his own thread about how stupid this tech is let him start it and do it in GD.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    This is a technical forum, if he wants to shit on his own thread about how stupid this tech is let him start it and do it in GD.
    He brought up how he feels about the rifle and the new technology and stayed on point as to what the topic was about. I understand you are wanting to defend this rifle, and that is perfectly fine, just there are better ways to go about it. The technology is fascinating and even in the pro-gun community it's still going to be polarizing.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Feelings?

I don't have any skin in the game here. It's my buddies rifle.

The toothpaste is out of the tube.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would prefer the system wasn't 'tied' to the trigger. I understand that it needs to be for the system to work but that could cause lots of possible issues. I would like a CCAS over this but it is only 6x and not for sale anyways. About the only system within reach of normal people is the BORS. However, people still complain about a shooter relying on a BORS and not 'knowing' how to make the shot otherwise which I think is ridiculous. Most of Joe Blow public won't even drop $500 on an entry level optic. The 'shooter assist' systems are for a certain market and they will not be purchased by new shooters. The problem I have with the systems is the manufacturer always seems to put out a want ad for people who have never shot. Then they make a big deal about how the system allowed a 13 year old new shooter to shoot ping pong balls on earth from the moon. I'm all for the assist systems but think they could be marketed in a better way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Understood and I can agree with this. I don't necessarily care for the marketing because most of the people you will find that haven't shot will be at best gun ambivalent at worst like the guys from VICE who did a whole bit about the "scary" repercussions of the technology.

I get upset about "purists" in just about anything as I have a slight physical disability and often times you hear purists talk about automatics in sports cars or something similar. The new tech doesn't meet their notions of what the experience is. So the technology must be bad mouthed and be met with Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe someday if they expand the ammo offerings to other makers with a data input or something. Otherwise it won't be usable to the masses. But at its current price and proprietary ammo, its a rich man's toy/ military prospect only.

Incredible tech. Watched a you tube video of some gal with terrible technique, and she had no problem. Takes the average person and force multiples them ump-teen fold.

I think the future will bring a more compact version in a semi auto Dmr/Sapr type, incorporated with optical targeting similar to what the F35 runs. Data link it with aerial platforms and other soldiers and you have total battle field awareness.

Until weapons that don't use gunpowder and it's a suit instead of just a rifle show up that is...

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    It is "cool" in that someone with little experience (After it is sighted in) could pick it up and make a first round hit at 1000, however it isn't guaranteed to hit it if the move or have poor breathing techniques. After shooting one, I did not care for having to come on target twice to make a shot. Once to tag and once to line up and fire. I would rather just fire the first time I bring the crosshairs on target. I would also agree that the knowledge and experience that could be gained with the $20k price tag could be spent gaining the experience and knowledge and could probably outperform the optic in the first place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast