Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD MATCH GRADE AMMO

Feedback Score

GOOD MATCH GRADE AMMO

I'm looking for a good Sierra Matchking ammo for my RRA NM AR-15. Something in the 69 grain range. Anyone out there have a manufacturer they'd recommend?? I'm going to be shooting in the Service Rifle CMP matches next year and I'm looking for a good bullet to use. I'm using the iPhone Ballistic: AE app and would like a good bullet that also shows up in their database. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Federal Gold Medal Match. There really isn't any other factory load I know of that falls in the "GOOD MATCH GRADE" category.

edit: Win has the Ranger Match Ammo RA223M, I think... Not sure how "matchy" it really is. I think I have a partial box of it.
    Last edited by markm; 04-18-14 at 09:42.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    other options if that's not in stock

http://www.southwestammunition.com/category_s/159.htm SWammo makes outstanding 223 ammo. I used it in the 'secondary weapon' at mammoth sniper challenge a couple years ago (1st place win). but SWammo will make you want to nut punch them about delivery sometimes. call and make sure it's actually ready to ship and not just the unassembled components "in stock" before you buy

http://www.corbon.com/corboncart/cor...fle/pm22369-20
    http://www.triadtactical.com/Black-H...Tip-Match.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. Southwest is right in my backyard. I should drop by and straighten their operation out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fiocchi also makes some 223 match ammo with 69 gr. Sierra SMK's. Quite a bit cheaper than Federal GMM. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/3627

I buy Fiocchi .223 ammo with the 77 gr SMK's by the case...Accuracy is very good, and trouble free. The cases reload easily as well.
    Last edited by BobinNC; 04-18-14 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Someone over on ARF a few years back did a bunch of ammo tests/comparisons, and the Fiochi did actually perform pretty good in the accuracy department.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    i have found the fiochi 77 grain and the prvi 75 grain 223 ammo comparable to the higher priced ammo.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Now you're talking crazy. Fiochi... I can kind of buy off on. PRVI? It shouldn't be allowed to be sold with the word "MATCH" on it.

I've not been able to get the 75s to shoot MOA with any Hand loaded combo.... let alone in their formula. The bullet is just a hollow point bullet. Not a OTM at all from my bootleg testing methods anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never been impressed with PRVI outside of "blasting ammo". Their "match" ammo is 2 MOA on a good day.

FGMM really is the industry standard, but even the mighty fall sometimes...

I've personally been impressed with Black Hills as well, but I've never shot a match with it.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    maybe comparable was a bit to optimistic.........how about cheaper with the emphasis being on the "cheap"
    btw have you guys shot any of the nosler custom competition ammo?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast