Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I could be ruined

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I could be ruined

I was picking up my new M&P9L Grant shipped to Texas for me today when, The store owner showed me something new in his showcase.
    A Sig 227 SAS. Short trigger with the SRT and night sights. It is the DA/SA pistol.

It felt wonderful in my meat hooks. I kidingly asked what he would allow on a very nice NIB M&P!

You Sig fans, if you have not handled a 227, you owe it to yourself to wrap your hands around it.

The DA trigger on the 227 was smoother than my 226 9mm which has been shot some.

Heaven, I was in Heaven... My 20th wedding anniversary is later this year, it may be on my gift list for the wife to buy me. Our jeweler is just down the road from the gun shop so we can kill 2 birds in one trip!
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I was picking up my new M&P9L Grant shipped to Texas for me today when, The store owner showed me something new in his showcase.
    A Sig 227 SAS. Short trigger with the SRT and night sights. It is the DA/SA pistol.

It felt wonderful in my meat hooks. I kidingly asked what he would allow on a very nice NIB M&P!

You Sig fans, if you have not handled a 227, you owe it to yourself to wrap your hands around it.

The DA trigger on the 227 was smoother than my 226 9mm which has been shot some.

Heaven, I was in Heaven... My 20th wedding anniversary is later this year, it may be on my gift list for the wife to buy me. Our jeweler is just down the road from the gun shop so we can kill 2 birds in one trip!
    If it is as reliable as Sigs are supposed to be you will be kicking yourself if it doesn't go home with you at some point. I know Sigs of late have had a bad track record but I can't help but feel like I want to give them another chance since they are typically accurate with smooth triggers.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    Attachment 25450Attachment 25451

Yeah, I got me some P227...

I just added a Bruce Grey Precision Intermediate Trigger to both pistols and an SRT to the full size. Bruce's trigger is amazing; eliminates over travel and bite.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-26-14 at 04:20.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ahh, I love my Sigs. I am just waiting to catch a P227 to show up in my LGS (that's why I have been hiding from there). I know it will come home with me..

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzintzuntzan View Post
    If it is as reliable as Sigs are supposed to be you will be kicking yourself if it doesn't go home with you at some point. I know Sigs of late have had a bad track record but I can't help but feel like I want to give them another chance since they are typically accurate with smooth triggers.
    When I dropped the mag, racked the slide, pulled the trigger and used the decocker, it all felt Sig front to back. Dry fire was Sig sounding, it all worked like one of my original Sig 226's from the early 90's. It will be my next Sig purchase.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    Ahh, I love my Sigs. I am just waiting to catch a P227 to show up in my LGS (that's why I have been hiding from there). I know it will come home with me..
    You got that right.... HAPPENED TO ME.
    We went in to look and get a manageable pistol for Marlo..... came out with a P-227 FOR ME.
    Amateur Shooter... Professional Accumulator // Don't do anything Stupid; Don't let Stupid do anything to You.
    TAKE YOUR TIME......... IN A HURRY.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The 227 SAS Gen 2 I fondled was priced at $1095.00. Almost and up to 200 $$ more than some Gun Broker sights.

I could get 2 M&P 45's from Grant for that. 1 for each hand, Twice the capacity!
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    The fact that they are lower quality and higher priced than comparable HKs is stupefying. I can only surmise there are people who don't know about Cohen's changes and will purchase based on the reputation from years past.

Feedback Score
    Saw the title of your thread and thought that your new AIWB holster purchase had gone bad.

Glad it turned into a Sig craving.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I checked out a 227 at my LGS. It felt great in my hand and had a very nice trigger. I won't be first in line to buy one, but if it can go a year or two without showing any major issues I'll probably pick one up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast