Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 2

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    some of those are the parts that need replacing . as long as they don't replace the slide it should be ok the issues of btf also have to deal with the ejection port window, at least thats what others on here have told me
    Although I still stand by my advise as worthless, lol, I respectfully disagree with you. None of the old parts I'm keeping have anything to do with slam-firing, but everything to do with ejection/extraction. I shot it a lot as stock, when i got it, and saw that i had consistent brass patterning and decided to keep all of those inner workings as-is and just replace the trigger bar/connector/striker/striker block (and freshen all springs). My Gen 2 19 is my CC, shoots great, and I still have consistent brass throws away from my face.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Although I still stand by my advise as worthless, lol, I respectfully disagree with you. None of the old parts I'm keeping have anything to do with slam-firing, but everything to do with ejection/extraction. I shot it a lot as stock, when i got it, and saw that i had consistent brass patterning and decided to keep all of those inner workings as-is and just replace the trigger bar/connector/striker/striker block (and freshen all springs). My Gen 2 19 is my CC, shoots great, and I still have consistent brass throws away from my face.
    I understand, but the upgrade parts are what Glock recommended back in 1992 some in here think the change in the slide cut of the ejection port maybe the reason for btf as opposed to the parts, but no one really knows for sure
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I understand, but the upgrade parts are what Glock recommended back in 1992 some in here think the change in the slide cut of the ejection port maybe the reason for btf as opposed to the parts, but no one really knows for sure
    They (Glock) will not mess with your slide unless there's a problem (cracked etc..). They'll just upgrade the parts to current spec for that model.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    They (Glock) will not mess with your slide unless there's a problem (cracked etc..). They'll just upgrade the parts to current spec for that model.
    You know I when I called glock as I mentioned above I asked about the relief cuts in the frame and the Tech I spoke with didnt know anything about it any suggestions?
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 04-23-14 at 18:52.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    AIM has gen 2 trade-ins in stock for anyone who's interested. They seem a little expensive but might be worth it to some.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...e+In&groupid=3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All I can tell you from a guy who owns two and carries carries a gen2 G19 daily, you can't go wrong sending it to the factory. Gen2 19s are my favorite Gocks hands down.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    All I can tell you from a guy who owns two and carries carries a gen2 G19 daily, you can't go wrong sending it to the factory. Gen2 19s are my favorite Gocks hands down.
    Right Im going to send it to the factory I agree and 19s are awesome probably the best conceal carry pistol
    I ll mention the relief cuts it to them if they dont do it then I dont know
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Relief cuts in the frame? No such thing.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kantstudien View Post
    Relief cuts in the frame? No such thing.
    Yes, there is such a thing. Right behind the locking block.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had no idea that there were relief cuts in my sn# ASPxxx Gen. 2 Glock 19. But I believe these are the cuts.uploadfromtaptalk1398390916702.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398390940738.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast