Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 2

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Call glockparts.com and just buy the parts from them. They're great people to buy from.

You may need a different trigger bar to avoid full auto.

Good luck with the BTF, Glocks have been doing that forever, people just started bitching about it 4 years ago.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I have the exact postol you describe with the Austrian proof marks and everything. After reading this I'm still a little unclear. Which parts are worth swapping out, exactly?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A few points...

Be busy about shooting guns and seeing what they do, rather than BTF hysteria.

Your gun is an early G19, and has some other subtle differences unique to that early range in addition to those addressed by the pre-EH upgrade. Contact Glock to see if it's been back already.

Sourcing your parts outside of Glock, Inc may get you OEM parts. Or not. Consider that.

A new slide is not required, sending your gun in won't get you a new slide. You can opt to have your slide machined to the updated dims if you like, but it's not a compulsory process.

When updating/repairing 90/0 guns in the recent past I was still receiving the older tool-steel non-LCI style extractor. If you're worried about that, request that particular part and see what you get.

Short: Call Glock or a credible armorer to ensure that your gun is in the current, recomended, factory spec condition.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    In case you don't know, you have to remove the extractor first. If it's still stuck, the it's probably pretty well gunked up. Soaking it in some cleaner would help, but like others have said, make sure the slide is dry before reassembling.
    Yep I'm well aware about removing the extractor first, The thing is loose enough but isn't coming out
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    You can opt to have your slide machined to the updated dims if you like, but it's not a compulsory process.
    Does Glock do this at the factory? My 17 has been reliable, but a bit weak on ejection, and I've always wished that Apex made a 90 degree extractor...this might be a solution (or could invite all sorts of new problems...thoughts?)

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    When updating/repairing 90/0 guns in the recent past I was still receiving the older tool-steel non-LCI style extractor. If you're worried about that, request that particular part and see what you get.
    Where have you been getting these? I ordered my last one through glockparts, I believe, and it appears to be MIM. I'd love to get a few post-"update" tool steel 90 extractors for my spare kits, if you're willing to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Skintop, I appreciate what you're telling me, The btf isn't hysteria, its annoying and gotten to the point where I almost developed a damn flinch from anticipated hot brass in my face. I do shot a lot, and take classes with some SMEs too, My concern for this gen 2 glock is just getting the right parts for it because as I understand Glock required it. and I dont want the risk of a slam fire even if rare.
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 04-20-14 at 13:07.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Mkmckinley, The parts that glock required in the 1992 upgrade They required a replacement of trigger bar, extractor, firing pin, firing pin safety, spring loaded bearing. because there was a slam fire reported by the NYPD while an officer loaded his gun.
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 04-20-14 at 13:16.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    deleted
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Call glockparts.com and just buy the parts from them. They're great people to buy from.

You may need a different trigger bar to avoid full auto.

Good luck with the BTF, Glocks have been doing that forever, people just started bitching about it 4 years ago.
    Really ? People have been saying its a new phenomenon? I don't think its normal for every other round, maybe once in a while
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input everyone
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast