Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 gen 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You should send it in to the factory. Older (Gen1 and Gen2) guns should have the relief cut done to the frame. Can only be done at the factory. It helps lengthen the life of the frame. Removes the stress one of the flex points of the frame. The factory won't do the 15 degree mill cut to the slide unless you request it. You'll get it back with a 90 degree extractor.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    You should send it in to the factory. Older (Gen1 and Gen2) guns should have the relief cut done to the frame. Can only be done at the factory. It helps lengthen the life of the frame. Removes the stress one of the flex points of the frame. The factory won't do the 15 degree mill cut to the slide unless you request it. You'll get it back with a 90 degree extractor.
    I have no interest in having the frame re milled out or whatever just the upgraded parts to make it safe that's all
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I have no interest in having the frame re milled out or whatever just the upgraded parts to make it safe that's all
    Whatever bro. I've seen more than my share of Gen2 G19 frames fail from not having the relief cut. Glock will warranty a new frame for you when yours does. Just won't be a Gen2 frame when you get it back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    Whatever bro. I've seen more than my share of Gen2 G19 frames fail from not having the relief cut. Glock will warranty a new frame for you when yours does. Just won't be a Gen2 frame when you get it back.
    When they came out with the upgraded parts, Glock did not require people to have their guns sen tto the factory to have a relief cut , they sent in the parts and had them replaced by an armorer.
    I Had a early gen 3 glock 17 that I got used, the slide cracked I told them to keep the original extractor and internals, and they told me no It all had to be changed out, they replaced everything and once again I had erratic ejections Thats why I dont trust sending it to them.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just got rid of my old Gen 2 G19 because it had terrible BTF.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Ill give glock a call tomorrow to see what they say, But have a feeling its going to be me sending to them and giving me a new slide and back to square one
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I just got rid of my old Gen 2 G19 because it had terrible BTF.
    that dosent sound promising except Im not having BTF with mine so far I just dont want it to happen because glock changed everything over to a new slide
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    G19s HATE me. I have no idea why. I have always had terrible luck with them. G17s less so and G26s love me.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    When they came out with the upgraded parts, Glock did not require people to have their guns sen tto the factory to have a relief cut , they sent in the parts and had them replaced by an armorer.
    Those are two separate issues. See here for more info on the relief cut: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1508967

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can lead people to water but you can't make them drink. Maybe you should just buy one of these...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast