Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I have here? An MC OPERATOR or Custom MC OPERATOR. Pro help needed !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    I had the same thoughts when I saw it, then I got tied up and forgot to bid on it. Looked like it was an MC with some 10-8 upgrades and refinished.
    I think the pictures sucked so he lost several hundred on bad photos. Because the fit and finish is outstanding.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    Looked like it was an MC with some 10-8 upgrades and refinished.
    I second that. It looks how my MC looks today minus the flat trigger. Congrats on the new blaster.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I strongly suspect that is the work of Springfield Armory Custom Shop. My MCOP is almost the same. the slide stop appears to be a Grieder.

my gun was modified in 2009 and some other mods in 2011.

I did not like the flat trigger, so that is a standard 10-8. everything else is 10-8 and my thumb safety is a EGW HD.

MC_new_paint_job_4_.jpg
    MC_new_paint_job_1_.jpg

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Matt /CQG45

Thanks. I think the MC Operator is an amazing value. How much do you think this guy put into this gun?
    Rear sight, checkering, slide stop, safety, magwell, trigger, refinish....I've always wanted to do something like this but never had the balls to mess with a perfectly good MC OPERATOR.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    This thread makes me want to send in my mc op for some sacs love. Just out of curiosity what was the winning bid for that guy?
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    It has been a while since I had mine worked over and re coated by Alchemy (extractor, trigger job, recut the feed ramp for the proper depth and angle, throat the barrel ect ect) but at the top of my head I want to say by the time it was all said and done I had spent 700 ish including shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Matt /CQG45

Thanks. I think the MC Operator is an amazing value. How much do you think this guy put into this gun?
    Rear sight, checkering, slide stop, safety, magwell, trigger, refinish....I've always wanted to do something like this but never had the balls to mess with a perfectly good MC OPERATOR.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It looks like someone wanted to make it look similar to the 10-8 operator. A true 10-8 operator comes from the SA custom shop and is stamped 10-8 on the right side of the frame.

Untitled by corycop25, on Flickr
    Pappabear,
    Evolution Gun Works is a local company that makes many OEM parts for manufacturers like Sig Sauer and Para. They have pulled some companies out of the hole with making better parts for them. They also make some very nice scope rails for bolt guns. When I toured the facility, they were building a gun for Doug Koning.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    IIRC....I paid for my MC used around 800 (this was before all the railed 1911.craze around 2008)

I shipped it to SACS
    10-8 everything
    No hole custom drilled S&A mag well (for a tight fit)
    tool steel action with duty trigger between 4.5 to 5# and flat trigger
    Mild dehorn
    Machine checker front and MSH @ 25lpi
    Taper cut on magwell base
    Repaint standard MC factory colors using AK
    I think that's it.....around 800 (best guess)

2 years later ish......
    Sent back
    .....had a slide stop issue.....and was experiencing odd and sticking lockups with rounds still in the mag

Could have been a weak plunger tube spring and out of spec slide stop. Upgraded to gen II slide stop.....regular 10-8 trigger. EGW HD thumb safety. Lanyard provision on the MSH and repainted the entire bottom AK GREEN.

Went to a 10-8 school in Austin Tx and my gun failed the test with no mag. Hilton touched my Wilson BP extractor with his file and my gun has been running ever since.

I did recently have some bullet up feed issues where my recoil spring was soft and I replaced it with a fresh 18.5 Wolff.

The seconds mods were about 200ish and I provided the parts.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 04-20-14 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was guessing the guy spent close to $1k in upgrades. I bought it for the cost of a off the shelf MC OP. just under $1,300 delivered.

PB

Feedback Score
    You got a steal of a deal then. Let us know how she shoots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast