Thread: 2nd AR, First Build! DD, Noveske, Magpul, Vltor inside!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

2nd AR, First Build! DD, Noveske, Magpul, Vltor inside!

This is my very first actual build, piece by piece. I have definitely learned a lot like staking the castle nut, using punches, etc. I am glad how it turned out. Just have to go shoot it! I had issues in the beginning with the upper receiver, but VLTOR switched it out after discovering a manufacturer defect. Anyway, my next build is going to be a Northtech Defense build for precision. Already got the stripped upper/lower. What can I say, I am addicted

Role: All-around, "do all" carbine. I wanted to do it right the first time.

Specs:

-Magpul Fixed Stock
    -Magpul MOE+ grip
    -Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    -BCM Buffer Tube Kit with H buffer
    -Noveske QD End Plate
    -Vltor Mur-1a upper
    -Noveske Lower
    -DD LPK
    -DD Bolt Carrier
    -DD sights
    -DD RIS II
    -DD CHF 14.5" barrel carbine gas with pinned gas block
    -Rainier Arms charging handle
    -Griffin Armament Flash Comp pinned and welded by ADCO

How did I do? Not sure I want to add an optic to this build just yet...

Last edited by mrvip27; 04-20-14 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Why did you opt for the 14.5" permed as opposed to a 16"?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good job it looks awesome, I have been wondering about the fixed carbine stock. How long it is in relation ti the notches on an adjustable. It looks like it will serve you well. You can throw an Aimpoint on there that is always a good choice.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Why did you opt for the 14.5" permed as opposed to a 16"?
    I originally was going to build a block II clone to the T. I decided against it, but I already bought the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Good job it looks awesome, I have been wondering about the fixed carbine stock. How long it is in relation ti the notches on an adjustable. It looks like it will serve you well. You can throw an Aimpoint on there that is always a good choice.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk
    It is about position 2 on a 6 position buffer tube I believe. It feels real nice. Not too close, not too far.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For a more ban-state capable rifle build, that's really good, especially for a second carbine.

Probably not a whole lot to gain on the accuracy side without going to a heavier, longer SS setup, I'd focus on making this more effective across more uses - weaponlight (X300 in front of the DD sights works awesome), sling (VCAS w/ QD Swivels and a mount for the handguard would be awesome), and then optic (Aimpoint H-1 probably, DD Mount w/ that rear sight works great), and see just how far out you can run that thing before you start looking too hard at spending more on a precision rifle - might turn out you'd rather step up in caliber or move to a bolt gun.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    For a more ban-state capable rifle build, that's really good, especially for a second carbine.

Probably not a whole lot to gain on the accuracy side without going to a heavier, longer SS setup, I'd focus on making this more effective across more uses - weaponlight (X300 in front of the DD sights works awesome), sling (VCAS w/ QD Swivels and a mount for the handguard would be awesome), and then optic (Aimpoint H-1 probably, DD Mount w/ that rear sight works great), and see just how far out you can run that thing before you start looking too hard at spending more on a precision rifle - might turn out you'd rather step up in caliber or move to a bolt gun.
    Solid advice. I really appreciate it. There is always room to add to this build, for sure!

For the NTD build, was going to go with a SS barrel. But you do make a very valid point.

Also to add to the thread, shot 180 rounds this weekend. Shot great. Curious to experiment with an H2 buffer.
    Last edited by mrvip27; 04-22-14 at 00:09.