Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colt Sporter pre ban Lower, modern upper

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Now there were a few nuts on ARF who figgered out how to take the block out completely with several exact cuts and many dremel wheels. That left the lower with big holes on either side. Kind of unsightly.
    John Norrell has been completely removing the block completely for about 20 years now. They come back looking like an RR M16 lower. Perfect.

SAWs work is probably the best deal ($75 is cheap as hell for that quality of work IMO) but I prefer John if you ever plan on using an RDIAS or R LL like I did. He's done about four or five Colts for me over the years and they're all perfect.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    With an RDIAS or a LL, you can pick any lower with the correct "shelf". Whatever works for a guy... by all means... but I'd just run those devices in an easier lowers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I had mine done in the 90s and early 00s when only Scrubmaster and DPMS were available; Colt pre-bans were the only legit choice back then.

Still, having that block in there like Scott has isn't terrible. For $75 that is a smoking deal. I'd go that route currently. I was just giving John a plug since he mills the entire thing out and it will truly look "factory".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For sure. It's been a while since I read John Norrell's name on a forum. Was he the 10/22 select fire trigger pack man?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 20:34.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234