Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WML Battery Drain

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

WML Battery Drain

I've been reading around on the interwebz that the Inforce WML has a problem with draining batteries quickly. A few reviews have stated that when people are contacting them the advice given is to loosen the battery cap in storage. For a HD gun not really feasible. Up until now I have always heard good things about them and was considering one for my new Blackout SBR once the taxman approves the stamp but now not so sure. Any WML users out there with any insight or first hand experience?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had mine for over a year, still with the original battery.

I loosen the cap it's no big deal once your try the light.

I expected the battery to die quickly after I got it and was playing with the light a lot to test it, it still hasn't, I keep spares but havnt needed them yet.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    No problems with one almost a year old. If you depend on anything using batteries to save your ass change them every six months. Fresh batteries are cheap insurance! GH

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    No problems with one almost a year old. If you depend on anything using batteries to save your ass change them every six months. Fresh batteries are cheap insurance! GH
    Yeah thats not the problem, I am seeing over on a few Glock sites that if you don't loosen the cap there is a large majority of people having batteries drained in as little as a week. My surefire doesnt need a loose cap, even my TRL1 doesn't need a loose cap. Battery refresh is one thing, having to disable the light so it isn't instantly ready is another. Im just curious if anyone else is having or experiencing that same super fast discharge rate.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Have you thought about giving Inforce a call? GH

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a friend that called me last week with the same problem but I haven't had those types of issues with mine. I did replace the original battery when I first purchased it since you never know how long these products have been sitting on the shelf.
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have one on my HD weapon of choice; and the original battery didn't seem to last long at all, it has been replaced with a Surefire for about 5 months now with no drain or replacement.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have not had my WML drain at all when not being used.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I run three WMLs, never loosen the bezel, and have never noticed a parasitic drain. I've only had to change the battery on one and it's because it was during a night shoot in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    I have one on my HD weapon of choice; and the original battery didn't seem to last long at all, it has been replaced with a Surefire for about 5 months now with no drain or replacement.
    You do realize that the X300 has twice the capacity of the WML, right? Two CR123s > One CR123, especially since they run more efficiently in pairs.
    Last edited by Shao; 08-11-14 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a buddy with a WML and his goes through batteries like crazy. My 2 TLR-1s have no such issues.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast