Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WML Battery Drain

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Just got my light back today (not sure if repaired or total replacement), that was a very quick turn around. If this one gives me no issues inforce just gained a lifelong customer with their great customer service.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber237 View Post
    Just got my light back today (not sure if repaired or total replacement), that was a very quick turn around. If this one gives me no issues inforce just gained a lifelong customer with their great customer service.
    So, it's been awhile - any updates? Anyone else send their lights in and get a working one? I started a thread with a new theory - I have five of these now and have noticed that 2 exhibit this draining behavior - one much worse than the other. Both are the GRAY models, constant on, strobe, no IR. One drained the battery in probably about 6 months (which is why I probably never noticed it in the first place - I usually swap cells out regularly), the other maybe 2 or less. All of my black models have been 100% and even using a ZTS battery tester, they show as being almost full.

I'm not so sure now though since people have reported the same problem with the newer WMLx models...

I'll be contacting Inforce today to see if I can get my gray drainers replaced.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    hsp model has been going strong since 5/3/14, just ordered another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

Feedback Score
    My HSP model from early 2013 is solid. Has anyone experienced issues with the hand held lights? I'm considering the 6vx for EDC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    So, it's been awhile - any updates? Anyone else send their lights in and get a working one? I started a thread with a new theory - I have five of these now and have noticed that 2 exhibit this draining behavior - one much worse than the other. Both are the GRAY models, constant on, strobe, no IR. One drained the battery in probably about 6 months (which is why I probably never noticed it in the first place - I usually swap cells out regularly), the other maybe 2 or less. All of my black models have been 100% and even using a ZTS battery tester, they show as being almost full.

I'm not so sure now though since people have reported the same problem with the newer WMLx models...

I'll be contacting Inforce today to see if I can get my gray drainers replaced.
    I have two WMLs, a black one and a gray one. My gray one does, in fact, drain batteries like crazy. I've settled for unscrewing the cap because I'm not sufficiently motivated to send it off for repair. I have, however, used it and then forgotten to loosen to cap afterwards, leading to more dead batteries. At some point I'm just going to replace it with something else, but you can be sure that it won't be another Inforce product.

Feedback Score
    Sample size of one, but my HSP model (PD trade-in unknown age) has been sitting for 6 months on the battery that came with and works just fine.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Haley FDE here, had it 2 ish years and it's been fine until recently. Kills batteries in no time flat. I have no idea why it was fine then started this shiz. Sucks because I liked the light. Anyway, ditching it for a sure fire.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grease Monkey View Post
    Haley FDE here, had it 2 ish years and it's been fine until recently. Kills batteries in no time flat. I have no idea why it was fine then started this shiz. Sucks because I liked the light. Anyway, ditching it for a sure fire.
    That stinks considering that I just got one for Christmas. Did you contact Inforce?

Sent from my buckeye using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    No, I will at some point. I'm sure it's out of warranty seeing as how long I've had it. Hopefully yours will be ok. Most seem to be I'm guessing or I'm sure there'd be a lot more chatter about it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thought I would add to this thread. Don't remember if I had previously or not.

So I have the black Haley version of the WML (momentary only) on my AR. I bought it within the month that they came out and its been on the gun since then. I've never had it in lockout mode and its still on the original battery. I just tested it yesterday and its as bright as it was when I got it so theirs no noticed drain.

I moved into a new house about a year ago where the design of it makes more sense for me to use the Glock/x300U for the HD gun instead of the AR which is probably why the battery has lasted so long to begin with.

I love the design of the light and its switchology still but if I rebought a new light for the AR it would probably be a SF with more lumens. I know the WMLx has more lumens but for the same price point I could be at a SF with more lumens and no chance for the battery drain issue. Not that I've heard of anyone with that problem in the X models but still.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast