Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: KNS Anti Rotation Pins....Is it a fluke or is there something technical behind it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_twiggy View Post
    Both my hammer and trigger pins on my 7.62 DPMS just "rock" with the movement...neither really "rotate".
    Whereas the hammer pin on my Bushmaster (Windham) rotates about 10* each hammer stroke. And the trigger pin doesn't move at all it seems.

essayons
    Your Windham should have an FA bolt. Therefore, 1 step higher than a bushmaster. Not quite a 100% gun but definitely a step up from old school BM's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Your Windham should have an FA bolt. Therefore, 1 step higher than a bushmaster. Not quite a 100% gun but definitely a step up from old school BM's.
    It is an old school Bushmaster. It came with a SA BC, but I've since converted it to a CMMG piston, which swaps to a FA one piece carrier.

essayons
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Took a look at my carbine. It is a PSA lower with the SSA trigger installed. Pins rotate with both the hammer & trigger. Whaddya know 'bout dat?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Don't mess with nature.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Don't mess with nature.
    AR15, the true king of the jungle?

essayons
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    When Bill Geissele speaks, I tend to listen. If he thinks the KNS pins are a bad idea.... well, that's a good enough reason for me to stay away from them
    Agreed, though in fairness I believe I read that KNS is making pins (upcoming) that will be properly hardened for use with G triggers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    Agreed, though in fairness I believe I read that KNS is making pins (upcoming) that will be properly hardened for use with G triggers.
    I don't believe it has anything to do with pin hardening. KNS already hardened their pins some time ago.

It is because the KNS pins are slightly smaller than the G pins. The biggest conflict comes when using the KNS pins with the High Speed Trigger due to the C-Clamp.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    *stumble* *drop my briefcase containing TOS literature*

Quote Originally Posted by TOS
    4/16/2009 11:47:53 AM
    just oil them as you would any other std. pins.

Really, markm is the man to ask about this. He's a KNS god.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 05-01-14 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoAg96 View Post
    It's just a .22, but I've got an M&P15-22 (polymer lower) that occasionally stops functioning when one of the hammer/trigger pins walks out and the FCG gets bound up. KNS pins are a cheap, easy fix for that issue. I wouldn't expect that kind of thing to happen on an in-spec metal lower. To me it is a possible solution when there is a known problem, but not something I'd do preemptively.
    That's similar to my thoughts regarding these pins. They are not necessary unless you have a specific need for them or your lower starts having issues.

If they were truly necessary, you'd see all the Military M4's/M16's with them from the factory. I've never seen one that does...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    If they were truly necessary, you'd see all the Military M4's/M16's with them from the factory. I've never seen one that does...
    Not true. At ~1,000,000 trigger pulls before wearing out (probably a low estimate), it'd be easier to simply replace a lower receiver for $100-200 than it is to absorb the extra $5, $10, $20 - whatever it is - cost per every carbine the military buys. Most of them don't see that many rounds in their lifetime and would not be close to wearing out, so it's a saved cost.

The military does not always do things the best way, they simply attempt to do them the way that's most effective with how they currently operate.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast